E89 Z4 35i 6MT Build

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Thanks to Tyler, a few months back I asked if he would stand up a Z4 chassis forum, given the high affinity to the N54 platform. He agreed, and slowly a few of us have been working to bring "refugees" from other forums and Facebook groups to Spoolstreet. There are not a lot of Z4's on the planet, and few (but growing) group of people modifying them (@BQTuning , @NoQuarter , @Lurcher , @jts1981 , @Asbjorn , ...). While sharing the N54 drivetrain (though lots of parts external to the long block are slightly different), the cars share an almost identical E90 front end with a somewhat updated version of the E46 rear end. Makes for challenging upgrades.

Anyway there are some builds now being posted there. I spend most of my time here in the N54 forum, and didn't want to post a car build here - some of you do that, but they seem to be very drivetrain-centric which makes sense.

Anyway, I wanted to share the link to my build page here in case any of you are curious about the Z4. Barry Battle at 3DM Motorsport and I have been building the car over the past 1-2 years. Eventually this car will get turbo(s) - still unclear which direction to head - but a lot of other stuff has been done and is being finished now.

https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/e89-z4-atacama-yellow-build.3022/

Filippo