DocRace 1 Piece Install Trouble

ShadyOrb

Private
Sep 4, 2021
Hello, I'm trying to install the Top Mount DocRace kit.

I can't get the manifold installed, it won't fit between the chassis and the engine. I ended up banging up some of the exhaust manifold gaskets fighting with it.
Are they still okay to use? No cranks, just dents etc.

Anyone with experience have tips on getting this damn thing in?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Hello, I'm trying to install the Top Mount DocRace kit.

I can't get the manifold installed, it won't fit between the chassis and the engine. I ended up banging up some of the exhaust manifold gaskets fighting with it.
Are they still okay to use? No cranks, just dents etc.

Anyone with experience have tips on getting this damn thing in?

Since when is it 1 piece? It would save them $$$ making it 1 piece. Never needed to be two in the 1st place.

Contact the manufacture?

The gaskets are probably fine.

ShadyOrb

Private
Sep 4, 2021
Since when is it 1 piece? It would save them $$$ making it 1 piece. Never needed to be two in the 1st place.

Contact the manufacture?

The gaskets are probably fine.

I think it's only the newer kits 2021+. They use to be three pieces.
Much harder to install though...

I ended up messaging DocRace.
I was told to jack up from the oil pan and slip the manifold in through the top.

Is it safe to jack it from the oil pan? I'll put a piece of wood between. Don't like that idea though... lol

ShadyOrb

Private
Sep 4, 2021
I got it in

For anyone else that might have the same issue, this is what ended up working.

With the subframe out of the car, I lowered the motor about a quarter inch using the hook on the engine support bar.

It allows the engine to sway more freely. Then with a buddy, we jammed a piece of wood between the car and the engine. While he was prying I was adjusting the manifold from underneath the car.

Way better than jacking up by the oil pan in my opinion

Reactions: Jeffman