DCT swapped street and strip car

Lead foot

Lurker
Jan 27, 2019
Ride
Xp falcon
Evening all, I wanted to show you guys what we have been up to. With the help of Maxx ECU support and #EMS in the uk we have installed and control the 2jz powered Xp falcon and 7 speed gertrag DCT gearbox, this was our first drive and plan to hold the BMW DCT ET record by the end of the year.

Any sponsors to help big or small are greatly welcome as we have a new forged motor with excess of 1000hp and the current clutch’s just wont hold. (single digits this year)

excuse the poor shifts thats me and a bad track (October in England)

cheers and hope you like.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
That track looks like a piece of glass! Interesting dynamic seeing fossil fuel madness with some wind turbines. :)

Awesome project and video! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Lead foot

Lead foot

Lurker
Jan 27, 2019
Ride
Xp falcon
That track looks like a piece of glass! Interesting dynamic seeing fossil fuel madness with some wind turbines. :)

Awesome project and video! Thanks for sharing!
Yer I agree, it’s at the end of the season and it was just a non prep test day, it’s cold here in October, and I never had the line lock configured to hold the front brake on for the burn out, we just wanted to see if it would go through all 7 gears on a Manuel change. The auto change parts is flawless but shifts to early for racing, the manual is so smooth but revs so fast, I’m sure I’ll get used to it, I should really change the gears in the rear but money is a thing after such a build.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Yer I agree, it’s at the end of the season and it was just a non prep test day, it’s cold here in October, and I never had the line lock configured to hold the front brake on for the burn out, we just wanted to see if it would go through all 7 gears on a Manuel change. The auto change parts is flawless but shifts to early for racing, the manual is so smooth but revs so fast, I’m sure I’ll get used to it, I should really change the gears in the rear but money is a thing after such a build.

Nice! I didn't mean any offense with the statement, just looks hilarious out there. Certainly understand the cold.

Looks like it worked well, a bit of traction issues but it freaking made it multiple times.

What gearing are you going with? Are you using a 2.56 based DCT setup or the M3 3.15?

Lead foot

Lurker
Jan 27, 2019
Ride
Xp falcon
Nice! I didn't mean any offense with the statement, just looks hilarious out there. Certainly understand the cold.

Looks like it worked well, a bit of traction issues but it freaking made it multiple times.

What gearing are you going with? Are you using a 2.56 based DCT setup or the M3 3.15?

No offence taken at all my friend, I currently run a 4.56 as that is what I had in it, but I’m told in an ideal world as it stands I should really leave in 2nd gear until such time I change to a 3.20 gear set. I think the wheel speed is far to high off the line, I launch at 4500 rpm in these runs and as you can see I miss a lot of shifts (first time behind the dct). Would be better to have more time to pull between the gears, saying that it’s gonna be fast, the shifts are seamless.

you can follow the build at Facebook xp Falcon 2jz na-t

cheers

Reactions: derekgates

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
No offence taken at all my friend, I currently run a 4.56 as that is what I had in it, but I’m told in an ideal world as it stands I should really leave in 2nd gear until such time I change to a 3.20 gear set. I think the wheel speed is far to high off the line, I launch at 4500 rpm in these runs and as you can see I miss a lot of shifts (first time behind the dct). Would be better to have more time to pull between the gears, saying that it’s gonna be fast, the shifts are seamless.

you can follow the build at Facebook xp Falcon 2jz na-t

cheers

Awesome, glad to hear it. It's great to see talented cars/builds and I lament any possibility of scaring off people. :)

Damn! A 4.56?! That seems very high! 3.20 sound far more sane. I am shocked at the size of those rear tires struggling to make traction, but I guess that's the glass track :D

So you say you miss a lot of shifts? Eh? You mean you are pulling gears too fast? Pretty cool that is even possible...

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I’m sure when we turn the boost up this month we will see the limits
Nah! 1000hp 1j, on stock clutches it’ll be a doddle :D

The carnage this will create of those stock clutches will be awesome. Please post up when you swap them out, I wanna see em!

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
massive cooler with 10an lines

I was stalking your facebook project page but couldn´t find any pictures of your cooler setup for the DCT. Would be great if you could go into some detail about this part. Do you use an extra pump?

Lead foot

Lurker
Jan 27, 2019
Ride
Xp falcon
2092C83D-8F13-4384-A973-2733C7777A1E.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: derekgates

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
so you simply connect the cooler to the dct or is there also an external oil pump?

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Can you show me pls how you did the connection to the gearbox?

Do you have an M-DCT or NonM-DCT? There are minor differences and i am looking for a solution with a heat exchanger.

Lead foot

Lurker
Jan 27, 2019
Ride
Xp falcon
I just removed the exchanger and put in A loop in its place, then I ran a huge cooler to the other side

Reactions: JohnDaviz