daily driver 2011 BMW 335is 6MT slowly being converted into M3

Ghastly

Dec 19, 2020
hello all,

I'm a novice from Vancouver, Canada. I've got a 335is that I've been working on for the last 3 years. I've had all the suspension/linkages/shocks/springs upgraded to M3 equivalent. I'll upgrade the diff to a Mfactory LSD next year. Right now I want to add inlets and a tune, but I need advice, which is why I'm here now.

I really love this car, and it just needs a few more tweaks and it will be perfect! (yeah, right)

Ghastly

Dec 19, 2020
My only mods are a Wagner EVO1 intercooler, a VRSF chargepipe, and a stage 1 MHD tune.

This car is my daily driver and it makes enough power for me. I don't need more top-end power. But I do want it to spool up faster and be more responsive to throttle input at lower RPMs. I love being able to blip the throttle on the downshift for rev-matching but it only does that in the winter when ambient temps are low. I though my only answer was catless downpipes and a tune, but I don't like that idea because of the stink and the pollution. I know there are catted downpipes but everything I read says they have a short lifespan. But then I read that inlets and outlet are available for my N54 and I'm pretty sure that combined with a custom tune will give me quicker spool.

Thoughts?

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Downpipes are probably the mod that provides the biggest increase in spool response your car still would have secondary cats. I never noticed my car smelling much more after downpipe install but I geuss everyone's sensitivity is different. Inlets will aid in sound and spool but are much more difficult to put in , a custom tune is also a great idea

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Don't do a custom tune unless you do inlets. Honestly, fully mod (fix) the suspension, splurge on tires, get a good diff, do downpipes and play with OTC MHD flashes for a while and enjoy it.