May 19, 2020
The Z is fine! it's the 235 that's comatosed right now.:yum:
IMG_1426.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyAnN20

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
So on to the M235! I want to start off saying that it is always important to expect the unexpected, none of us are super human and we all surrender to the same weaknesses. This story started with my complex going down and coming out of production (I am a plant superintendent on a process plant complex) and me working relentlessly to get things sorted and the complex back into production. After achieving my goal I fell asleep coming home after working 7 12 hour night shifts back to back! My beloved paid the price!☹️

IMG_1465.jpeg
IMG_1468.jpeg

If you look closely you’re notice that one frame rail is higher than the other.

The block was smashed by something in the bushes!
IMG_1467.jpeg

This now gives me the excuse to get a new UPGRADED block!😎 I thought about just doing an s55 block but there are too many unknowns so I’ll do a CSS block with forged pistons and rods.

For the turbo I decided to sell my BW8474 ( sold 2 days after I put the word out!) and do twin s55 turbos, I BLAME this decision on the Z as I’ve grown to love love the power delivery provided by the upgraded twins ….

IMG_1470.jpeg

The N54 twins on the N55, rear turbo fits fine but there are fitment issues with the wastegate at the front….,

IMG_1469.jpeg

This is the s55 gasket on the N55 head, couple new holes to be drilled and tapped for it to bolt up which should be simple with the head off, I chose the S55 because they have more power potential stock, there are ball bearing options available for upgrading to and the electronic WG actuators as my 235 was electronic originally.

Last edited:
Reactions: wheela

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Seeing that the F87 M2 comp is an F22 under the skin and the S55 is the motivating force I do not expect any fitment issues with the twins.

IMG_1471.png

I managed to snag these off eBay at a claimed 1500km, depending on how my cash flows I will go up with these then send them to upgrade or upgrade now as I am also wanting to upgrade the cans!

Last edited:

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Wow, you DID wrech that thing... I hope your head isn't was broke the wind sheild.

Excited to watch your build progress! Do you have any s55 twins yet for fit up? I wonder how much clearance that water pipe is going to have behind the rear turbo?

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
This is the front end structure, I will be doing a full M2 conversion so I’ll be getting the fenders an front bumper to match.
IMG_1466.jpeg

Dumaurier7

Lieutenant
May 19, 2020
Wow, you DID wrech that thing... I hope your head isn't was broke the wind sheild.

Excited to watch your build progress! Do you have any s55 twins yet for fit up? I wonder how much clearance that water pipe is going to have behind the rear turbo?
Yep! Was my head☹️ this all happened in about 200 feet! I didn’t even put my seat belt on.

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
I remember VTT was working on a twin turbo kit for n55 based on their n54 GC's a while back, but I don't recall any details, or if they ever released anything.