How to run a BOV on a N55?

Zoro123

Apr 11, 2024
Curious how you n55 big single guys would run a tial bov on these valvetronic motors? Ik these cars come with hybrid turbos but what if you convert to a speedtech turbo kit hows the bov gonna work since the throttle plates always open

Attachments

• IMG_2556.jpeg
    IMG_2556.jpeg
    478 KB · Views: 9

Richm240xi

Private
Mar 14, 2023
Curious how you n55 big single guys would run a tial bov on these valvetronic motors? Ik these cars come with hybrid turbos but what if you convert to a speedtech turbo kit hows the bov gonna work since the throttle plates always open
I literally just went through this same issue trying to find vacuum for an external pcv setup on my n55, so the truth is the throttle plate is not actually always open, during idle at least. You need to tap into the intake manifold, you have 2 options, you can use a throttle body adapter like one from RB turbo or VTT or BMS, or you can use a tmap sensor tap like the one that Vader solutions sells. The line for the throttle body adapter is under the throttle body on the n55s so you have to take off the throttle body in order to access it, which is a bit of a pain in the ass. The easier way is definitely the Tmap boost tap

Reactions: wheela

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Pull vacuum from the valve cover, using a 3 port mac solenoid plugged into the normal BOV connector.

THis was the only proper way for a BOV on the N55 imo. whenever i set them up like that. there is no issues

• Agree
Reactions: wheela

Richm240xi

Private
Mar 14, 2023
Pull vacuum from the valve cover, using a 3 port mac solenoid plugged into the normal BOV connector.

THis was the only proper way for a BOV on the N55 imo. whenever i set them up like that. there is no issues
Hey Justin, never would have thought of that. I guess for a bov, it would be different compared to a pcv setup. Would you happen to have any pics of this setup? And where exactly would you pull vacuum from the valve cover? When I was setting up my external pcv, I personally didn’t find anything unless you were to actually drill into the valve cover itself.

Richm240xi

Private
Mar 14, 2023
concurrently, Turbosmart sells electronic BOV's for this application now. so you could also do that.
Hey Justin tried giving the shop a call and sending you an email, wanted to know if you could shoot me a pm regarding a custom tune to run mafless on my e92 n55. Thank you