CRANK HUB N54? - 700-800whp auto

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
That man should stick to building hondas with chinese parts, not selling mission-critical stuff for the N54.

Who's to say the metallurgy is up to par? Vargas had the same issue with spline lock they claimed it bites into the crank and then they slip, customer removes it and finds the teeth are flat.

I'll run a stock overtorqued crank hub before I touch a shitfire race product. On my first built motor survived 34.5k miles of 650whp and up before the head finally lifted. never an issue with stock hub + overtorque and I was not gentle on that motor.
Im just going off what i was told. Don't shoot, I'm just a messenger lol.

I ended up getting a v2 crank hub from vtt during black Friday, and it appears the teeth are still good on it. But on removal, i didn't need a puller as they stated. So who knows if it actually bit into the crank. I haven't looked at it. Just tossed it to the side and let it collect dust.

• Funny
Reactions: SlowE93

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Any reason the timing gear cog can't be tacked or welded to the hub? Would it throw off the balance of the crank?
What's the tolerance?

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I never had issues with the stock one but whilst engine was out and on the stand I took advantage of the sale and brought the v2 version.

Well the crank hub is still there but my trans 3rd gear disintegrated before anything else.

Even if it only gives 50% extra hold but we know its a lot more than that, its worth the investment.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Even if it only gives 50% extra hold but we know its a lot more than that, its worth the investment.
Do we know that it’s “a lot more than that”? How do we know this? What is your statement based on? I remember them posting about some testing they did, but it didn’t replicate in use conditions. It’s certainly possible they posted more that I didn’t see. So, if you have any quantifiable evidence that backs up your statement we would all be interested in seeing it.

Reactions: SlowE93