COBB Banning Emissions Defeat In All Tunes Moving Forward

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
Attached is the link but quick TLDR; is that COBB is no longer letting users (amateurs' and even professionals) turn off DTC's relating to anything emissions.

They've also included a forced auto-update in AccessTuner to really grab you by the balls...

COBB Green Speed

• Wow
Reactions: wheela

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
COBB who ?

Who uses that outdated software anyway ?
All the poor poor subaru guys that COBB had a monopoly in.

As far as i’m aware, there’s no other easy way to flash tunes onto those cars and everything is closed-source.

I see a lot of wrx flex fuel kits being sold now 😆

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Doesn't mean you can't make it legal, just going to have a proper tuner that knows what they are doing tuning your car.

Just a lot more expensive.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
We are lucky we 'moved on' from Cobb years ago. Many platforms do not have that ability and this will potentially be an issue for many.

If they really don't allow custom tunes for 'race only' applications things should get interesting...

I am sure this will open up more opportunity for other companies, it will just take time.

edit: Cobb Tuning sets a new R35 GTR World Record with an insane 7.818 @ 183 1/4 mile pass <-- So much for records like those. Imagine it auto updating and you flash and your record breaking GTR is in limp mode ;)

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Sure there can be better ways but you have to hand it to Cobb for having the people(and information/connections) required to pull this type of work off.

From watching the DCT TCU get defeated, we can easily say each platform is its own monumental challenge and they get it done everywhere.

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus