CIC Patching and FSC Signing

HerbP

Lurker
Oct 17, 2023
Is there a trick to get Carserver to communicate with FSTools. I can read, but not write with Carserver to authorize the FSC.

Thanks!

Seb335i

Corporal
Jun 14, 2019
Ride
BMW 335i E93 DKG
Is there a trick to get Carserver to communicate with FSTools. I can read, but not write with Carserver to authorize the FSC.

Thanks!
You need FSTOOL for both editing and signature.
When you have your FSC ready to load use Dr Gini BO22 connect your car then in the dr Gini's menu go to units just bellow menu on the top left you will find a blank case just type 63 then clic on status.
You can now use Dr Gini to load your certificate and FSC.

Link for Dr Gini

Link for FSC reader and generator

If you need the FSC files for your car just send me your 7 digits VIN in PM

HerbP

Lurker
Oct 17, 2023
Here are 3 things that will make this install easy.

Below is a link to my Mega account for the 3 patches. There is also a patch for the 1b file. Each file in the folder has the same name, & it can't be renamed. The scripts are different, but the file stays the same. I tried 5 different versions of fstools, but the last one is by far the easiest to work with. That would be fstools v20211. This version has everything built into it, & nothing else is needed to get your CIC up & running. Run the sig file 1st & then the screen will turn red, & reboot the CIC. After that run the FSC script, & the screen will turn red again, & then reboot. After that you simply run fstools, & the new fsc codes are built into the software.

I hope this makes things simple for others out there that don't have to spend 10 months trying to find the easy & correct way to get there CIC retrofit fit done the easy way.

Reactions: ace e and TiAgAu

KoktGrus

Mar 17, 2024
Here are 3 things that will make this install easy.

Below is a link to my Mega account for the 3 patches. There is also a patch for the 1b file. Each file in the folder has the same name, & it can't be renamed. The scripts are different, but the file stays the same. I tried 5 different versions of fstools, but the last one is by far the easiest to work with. That would be fstools v20211. This version has everything built into it, & nothing else is needed to get your CIC up & running. Run the sig file 1st & then the screen will turn red, & reboot the CIC. After that run the FSC script, & the screen will turn red again, & then reboot. After that you simply run fstools, & the new fsc codes are built into the software.

I hope this makes things simple for others out there that don't have to spend 10 months trying to find the easy & correct way to get there CIC retrofit fit done the easy way.

What’s the difference from the regular CIC Patch v2? That’s only one script.

Been struggling with this FStool and got everything except 9B working. Anyone with a working setup wants to help? So I can install it using Dr Gini instead.

HerbP

Lurker
Oct 17, 2023
The 1b script name is the same, but it is written 3 different ways. One to clear the old FSC codes, one to write the new FSC codes, and one to activate the map codes. All this is written on the mega files, and works with any fstools version. It is confusing until you no the same 1b name, has different functions.

KoktGrus

Mar 17, 2024
The 1b script name is the same, but it is written 3 different ways. One to clear the old FSC codes, one to write the new FSC codes, and one to activate the map codes. All this is written on the mega files, and works with any fstools version. It is confusing until you no the same 1b name, has different functions.
How do you mean one to write the new FSC codes? You write those to the HU using FStool, right?

HerbP

Lurker
Oct 17, 2023
You plug in the USB. Stick with the 1b file on it, then reboot the cIc. at that point FS tools can do its job for each script.

KoktGrus

Mar 17, 2024
You plug in the USB. Stick with the 1b file on it, then reboot the cIc. at that point FS tools can do its job for each script.
Isn’t 1b-script just for getting 1b out of the head unit to generate a new map code?

HerbP

Lurker
Oct 17, 2023
It will do map code, wipe the fsc codes. and allow you to change your Vin number. The file name is always 1b. But there are 3 different scripts with the same 1b name, this was done rhat way from BMW's scripting format. FStools with the patcher codes built in, works the best.

darchap

Jan 16, 2021
It will do map code, wipe the fsc codes. and allow you to change your Vin number. The file name is always 1b. But there are 3 different scripts with the same 1b name, this was done rhat way from BMW's scripting format. FStools with the patcher codes built in, works the best.
What is the point of the third 1B? I know you already explained it but AFAIK there are needed only 2 (the one that patches the cic and does the reboot with the red screen and that stuff and the other one if one wants to extract the hex file to generate the map code). If the vin has to be changed it can be done with dr gini or tool32, isn't it?

HerbP

Lurker
Oct 17, 2023
I had to use FSTools 2011 I think, & it had the built in patcher program. As long as you need to use the 1b files, DrGini might read them in? I found FSTools much easier.

If all you need is the 1 fsc code, you might could update the module with coding? Coding needs to be done after programming, to default all of the new settings.

1st patch to reset the CIC.
2nd patch is for the fsc codes.
The last 1b file is for the Sig patch.

darchap

Jan 16, 2021
I also use fstool v2.0.2.1 (I think you are refering to this version) and I think it is the best version too altough other forums recommend v2.0.2.0. My workflow when retrofitting CIC has always been as follows and never got a problem:

1- Change CIC VIN using Tool32 or DrGini
2- Patch CIC with 1b (patcher)
3- Generate new FSC certificates with FStool
4- Extract .hex file to generate the map code using the other 1b (map)

It was just curiosity to know about that third 1b file that I've never heard of, as I never had the need to use it.

ace e

Apr 7, 2024
I have a 2011 E90 and replaced the head unit as it was only working once every 2 weeks or so (wont turn on so i can get the fies out of it). I found the exact head unit and coded the acoustics (NCSEXPERT). I have FSTOOLS 2 carserver working but I am stuck on the NAV. I used a patcher which i think cleared everything (had red screen reset). I dont have the 1B file and the patchers sig.der digital signature file has expired. My vin is NM66449, any help would be appreciated. I full formatted my 2 gb usb to fat 32 and the sig patch did the red screen, i formatted it again and the FSC patch didnt work. EDIT - all certs recd by DR Gini, now need activation code (2011 Aus NZ premium). The end is in sight ....... EDIT ALL SOLVED

Last edited: