CIC Patching and FSC Signing

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I recently discovered i have CIC version C1a. I dont know HOW that is the case given that i previously looked and it was c08.... Anyway

Given that it is C1A it means it has all the code for connected drive apps which ive wanted for eons.
I have some queries and questions.

My CIC is an Aussie version and as such the patcher May to work( the patcher explicitly states it only works on EU and US versions) Ive read that theres only two CIC ZBs so i assume that the EU is the same as the AU version. Has anyone patched an Aussie version or know if it works ?

I have the patcher and FSTool2 as well as standard tools. The patching seems straight forward. Download to a drive, insert drive. The CIC reboots. Done.
Ive searched high and low but haven’t found A guide on how to do the signing part (step by step for a clown like me :))

Can anyone point me in the direction of one ?

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
So with @Seb335i s help ive patched the CIC. Screen turned red and rebooted. Ive lost Nav and voice.
we tried to write FSC codes with DrGini And it connected ok but gave an error file not found.
Could not connect with FSctool2. Seb surmises it’s because I’m using OBD to connect(d-can) not esys Or icom....any clues ?

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
So with @Seb335i s help ive patched the CIC. Screen turned red and rebooted. Ive lost Nav and voice.
we tried to write FSC codes with DrGini And it connected ok but gave an error file not found.
Could not connect with FSctool2. Seb surmises it’s because I’m using OBD to connect(d-can) not esys Or icom....any clues ?
No you dont need icom unless your updating the CIC itself but you already have C1A so your good there.
Verify you have a connection to the car. What does inpa say? Both battery and ignition on? What version of FSTool are you using?

Reactions: aus335iguy

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I have Fstool2

I can connect to the car and do all the normal coding with standard tools via OBD.
DOes anyone have a link to a version of fstool2 that works? The one i have has links to carserver files that dont work anymore :(

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
So after a few years of trying...🏁
DDC73993-F9A7-421C-89AB-0192813D816B.jpeg

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
App worked for you i take? Faxdata's info helps a ton aswell.

Nice Work 👍
Yeah his guide is for a later version of Fstool. The version I used is older but the PDF he mentions is actually the one to follow.(attached)
Really appreciate all the help from yourself @ccfj1 and @Seb335i

The hardest part was getting the software...

Attachments

• cic_fsc_Ex_en.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 681
Reactions: Seb335i

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Quick question. I now want to update the maps. I have my file ready to load on a flash drive. Is the 1B FSC loaded using this procedure the one time or lifetime code ?
If I want to update my maps will I need a new FSC code ? if so how do I get one ?

On a side note... when using the USB connection there doesn't seem to be enough power. I don't think the HUB under the seat is there or if it is its not powered.
The first combox I had... the USB connection didn't work. Wonder if this is why. Ill use a powered USB externally in any case.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
SO for the record I used the MAC version of the app Seb just posted. When I entered the VIN it spat out an FSC code, that would've been valid if I hadn't have patched. Seb directed me to use the "from file" method using the FSC files generated as part of the process earlier.
Spat out a totally different lifetime code. I plugged the drive into my car, it asked for an FSC I plugged in the version generated from file and about 10 minutes later I was running the latest version maps.

This is great, best part it cost nothing!

Reactions: Seb335i