CIC aux. video

xradeon

Feb 14, 2018
Ride
BMW 135i 2013 MT
How did you that ? :) I have E70LCI with CIC (cic.c1a) and I coding TV function - it's working (THX), but only 4:3 format. I try other functions and I coded all posibility options, but no result. Can anyone help me ? Sorry for my english. :)

What can I do to have a 16: 9 picture in my CIC ?

The only way I was able to have 16:9 was using iPod video input. It's a lot more complicated than just enabling TV function. First I had to add 6VC, 6NR, 6NF to VO. Check that aux video input is on FBAS 2 on Media or CIC modules (I don't remember very well). Then you need to connect an old connector iPhone (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4s, maybe iPod works too) loaded with some videos to the USB port under the arm rest. Then you try to play the video trough the CIC iPod interface, and a couple of seconds later video input is activated. As you may notice you must have an iPhone (iPod) playing a video file all the time.. It's not too bad because it autoplays every time I enter the car and I leave the old iPhone permanently plugged and stored in the pocket under the arm rest.

At this point the only drawback is that the audio that will play is the one from the video looping on the old iPhone. To be able to use the audio input beside the USB port to hijack the audio you need to search on Media or CIC modules for iPod Audio or USB audio option (again I don't remember very well the name & module) and change it from Digital to Analog.

Next time I code the car I will try to take some screenshots to the coding params.

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

dam

Apr 21, 2018
Ride
E70 LCI
The only way I was able to have 16:9 was using iPod video input. It's a lot more complicated than just enabling TV function. First I had to add 6VC, 6NR, 6NF to VO. Check that aux video input is on FBAS 2 on Media or CIC modules (I don't remember very well). Then you need to connect an old connector iPhone (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4s, maybe iPod works too) loaded with some videos to the USB port under the arm rest. Then you try to play the video trough the CIC iPod interface, and a couple of seconds later video input is activated. As you may notice you must have an iPhone (iPod) playing a video file all the time.. It's not too bad because it autoplays every time I enter the car and I leave the old iPhone permanently plugged and stored in the pocket under the arm rest.

At this point the only drawback is that the audio that will play is the one from the video looping on the old iPhone. To be able to use the audio input beside the USB port to hijack the audio you need to search on Media or CIC modules for iPod Audio or USB audio option (again I don't remember very well the name & module) and change it from Digital to Analog.

Next time I code the car I will try to take some screenshots to the coding params.

Thank you for your answer :) If you could write about coding this function or you make some tutorial, I will be grateful. :)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: doublespaces

Evgeni

Dec 12, 2017
Ride
BMW 325d Lci
Xradeon do you have combox. Is it possible to have iphone video without combox. When i plug my iphone i see only audio. I tried to code the car and I managed to get the video icon but it is greyed out.

Last edited: