SOLD CES \ SteedSpeed N54 TwinScroll Bottom Mount ST Manifold - BINB

island road

Corporal
Nov 21, 2016
Boston
Ride
535xiT 2010 M Sport
It’s with great sadness I’m selling my SteedSpeed N54 manifold that I waited so long for. 4 years ago I won a raffle that allowed me a choose any SteedSpeed Manifold that I wanted. At the time I had a 335i, prior to winning I had reached out to Leen at SteedSpeed regarding finishing a manifold he had previously prototyped. He agreed to start the project up again after I won. It just so happened that Jake at Motiv also won the next raffle so both of us owning N54s really kicked started this project even more. During this I had been on constant communication with him. He teamed up with John at CES test out the manifold going though a few revisions to see the final product you see below. While I do own a N54 (E61) I no longer own a 335. I would love to build up my wagon with the manifold but its just a daily for me.

Now that you know the background I am unfortunately selling this beauty otherwise I would 100% be running it. If you know about SteedSpeed then you know his work in diesel world along with the E36/46 M3 designs.

I am listing the manifold at a starting point. I know the manifolds made are going to CES to build kits around. At the moment this is the only manifold in consumer hands as all others are going to John at CES.

The Manifold was designed to be used with the Garrett GTX Gen 2 line. Please see the link to read what John at CES saying about working with Leen on the design. CES Manifold details

No lowballs please

Listed for Sale:
Steed Speed N54 Mainfold Twin Scroll T4 Divided gate for Tial 44mm

Condition: Took it out of the box to take pics and view its glory

Price: $1300

Shipping: Buyer Pays

Paypal Fee: Buyer Pays

Local Pickup: Accepted

Reason Why Selling: See Above

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Torgus

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Bump for a good seller. If this damn manifold was out earlier I wouldn't have a top mount.

island road

Corporal
Nov 21, 2016
Boston
Ride
535xiT 2010 M Sport
Bump! - I lowed the price on the Manifold, while I wont be using it I would rather see it go to a good home and somebody that is going to use it to its full potential then sitting around collecting dust.

I spoke with John at CES and he is willing to sell the other hot side parts and fittings if you don't want to go a custom route. If you do go custom, most of all the fittings can be bought from other vendors on here the DP and dump tubes will require fabbing and possible engine mount (not sure).

Of course any questions feel free to shoot them my way!

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Hang tight, once the dust settles I'm pretty sure someone will pick this up. I'd suggest someone combine this with a turbo with a custom welded outlet so you can point the compressor outlet downward and feed right over into the FMIC. At least, that is what I'd do if I bought this.

island road

Corporal
Nov 21, 2016
Boston
Ride
535xiT 2010 M Sport
Same - It's been too long in the making to end this soon, plus deal of a lifetime on the new GTX kinda sealed it. Dates for fab guy already set - plus John has been a big help with going back and forth with measurements and what not. Hope to have it up and running as fast as I can def in time for spring.

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Its already summer here. Have to do my final car work before it sits for the summer.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Because my car has lots of work that needs done to it and my garage is literally an oven. Working on the car in the summer is like trying to do work in a sauna but with less humidity.

Also my interior is still nice and spiffy and the sun will break it down so I just avoid it entirely. Also it won't be good on my carbon trunk so I'll just keep it inside during the day at least.

And lastly, doing pulls when your iat starts at 140 is not healthy.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Run some meth ;)

Best of luck with getting your car running this year. Projects take a while unless you throw money at a shop.

An HSF-4 with (howerton?) tank was one of my first purchases. Decided to stick with ethanol, I'm not big on extra maintenance items and meth is one of those things you should really be inspecting regularly. There is so much time in the day and I don't get off by the sight of a freshly mowed lawn if that makes sense. Needs to be simple so I don't have to fiddle.

The car is actually driving(wg spring) now with the exception of tires with flat spots and some weird noises from my brakes I'm trying to track down. It's just fueling that has held me back.

Anyway @island road good luck, report back on your progress :)

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
An HSF-4 with (howerton?) tank was one of my first purchases. Decided to stick with ethanol, I'm not big on extra maintenance items and meth is one of those things you should really be inspecting regularly. There is so much time in the day and I don't get off by the sight of a freshly mowed lawn if that makes sense. Needs to be simple so I don't have to fiddle.

The car is actually driving(wg spring) now with the exception of tires with flat spots and some weird noises from my brakes I'm trying to track down. It's just fueling that has held me back.

Anyway @island road good luck, report back on your progress :)

That is the kit I run, 4 maybe even 5 years now not a single leak or issue so far. You can use 100% E85 and then just spray the meth/water for IAT suppression in the CP with small nozzles. If it is that hot there that is what I would suggest. I know it's one more system in the car but if it allows you to drive more you might consider it. The howerton dual tank is the best tank I have seen. What is funny is I don't drive in the winter and you don't drive in the summer. I'm guessing you can drive all winter long there?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
That is the kit I run, 4 maybe even 5 years now not a single leak or issue so far. You can use 100% E85 and then just spray the meth/water for IAT suppression in the CP with small nozzles. If it is that hot there that is what I would suggest. I know it's one more system in the car but if it allows you to drive more you might consider it. The howerton dual tank is the best tank I have seen. What is funny is I don't drive in the winter and you don't drive in the summer. I'm guessing you can drive all winter long there?

Yeah, the winter is more like the drier portions of most peoples' fall or spring.

island road

Corporal
Nov 21, 2016
Boston
Ride
535xiT 2010 M Sport
Bump - Did some test fitting and turns out does not fit with E61 subframe giving the location of the passenger side motor mount.

Back up for sale!