Buying a ST e92, what would you look for?

J. Dub

Lurker
Dec 12, 2019
Ride
e92 N54
I'm buying an e92 ST. Below are some of the mods the owner has done as well as questions I have for you guys as my only experience is w/ my old FBO e92, so this will be a big upgrade in power for me & I'm new to the ST world.

My Questions:
-What are some things I should test for when going to give the vehicle a once over?
-As this is a stock rear axle w/ 99k miles I understand it would be best to upgrade the rear axle. I'm assuming 8.8 rears are the only ones not breaking w/ hard launches?
-Are you guys still using black labs to send oil analysis to to check bearing wear? (It's been 2years and some change since I've been in the n54 world)
-What would you do when buying a ST n54 before handing over the check?

Mods/Details:
has 99,xxx miles
Automatic with xHP stage 3
Doc Race kit with JB 6266
Tial wastegates with open dumptubes
Motiv Boost box
DW400 fuel pump
Precision Raceworks intake with Port Injection with AIC
Motiv Flex Fuel kit
Braided MAC Solenoid lines
3.5in SS oval exhuast
VRSF 335d CP with tial BOV
7in VRSF intercooler
Precision Raceworks coils
PCV catch can
OS Giken superlock LSD

Maintenance Done:
All new bushing front and rear
New oil pan gasket
New transmission oil pan, mechatronics, seals with fresh lifeguard
New pulleys and belt
New Valve cover and VC gasket
New front wheel bearings
AKG 90A differential bushings
AKG 90A subframe bushings

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I would run it hard to make sure it does not throw and CELs. Also, to make sure the tranny does not act up at all. More than just 1 through 4th at WOT. Really get it hot. I don't trust automatics.

With just the single lpfp upgrade what ethanol content can it run?

Did they ever dyno it?

With stock motor mounts I would be worried about the pulley. An easy fix.

You do not mention any suspension work other than all new bushings front and rear. I really doubt EVERY bushing was replaced, I would ask for the receipt to see what was really done. Assuming the suspension is stock at 100k miles and probably around 10 years old it will need attention at some point.

What wheels and tires?

Pics of the car?

What is the asking price if you do not mind sharing? I see builds that are well worth the asking price and others that are crack head prices. Which is why I ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: J. Dub

J. Dub

Lurker
Dec 12, 2019
Ride
e92 N54
I would run it hard to make sure it does not throw and CELs. Also, to make sure the tranny does not act up at all. More than just 1 through 4th at WOT. Really get it hot. I don't trust automatics.

With just the single lpfp upgrade what ethanol content can it run?

Did they ever dyno it?

With stock motor mounts I would be worried about the pulley. An easy fix.

You do not mention any suspension work other than all new bushings front and rear. I really doubt EVERY bushing was replaced, I would ask for the receipt to see what was really done. Assuming the suspension is stock at 100k miles and probably around 10 years old it will need attention at some point.

What wheels and tires?

Pics of the car?

What is the asking price if you do not mind sharing? I see builds that are well worth the asking price and others that are crack head prices. Which is why I ask.

Here it is, with pics https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1667166

You bring up some good points. Ohlins coilovers and other stuff I didn't put in the OP as I was more concerned about motor. But that thread has all the stuff you were asking about except dyno

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
That is a nicely put together e92 from the pictures. Gotta love the white with the bumper and the lip etc. Very clean on the outside. Quality parts. Looks great.

Reactions: MDORPHN