Belt Tensioner Torx stripped

zl0ca

Apr 6, 2017
i was getting ready to change my power steering pump and I started by removing the belt and I realized the T60 is fully strippep on the tensioner assembly. Any recommendations from the board on how to remove the belt? I intend on replacing all the pulleys when they arrive. 7-10 days; which gives me time to figure out this issue.
Thanks

IMG_3944.JPG

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
He took the words right outta my mouth. They strip often it's a lot a lot of tension on the n54 make sure you got your t60 buried deep as hell!!!

Have a friend help I've had one slip on me once on an e60 and breaker bar swung back nipped my nose and smashed the radiator. Like demolished it and it would have sent me to the ER for sure if it got a clean shot at me!

Get a second hand if in doubt!

• Informative
Reactions: Jeffman and zl0ca

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
I stripped mine on install don't even ask. Cut it and be rid of it, that's my projected replacement. First comment nailed it.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
These strip often, I went to lengths to get a steel insert in mine when we were testing the shotguns because of belts being off, and on so much. Even that barely helped. Its a stupid ass design

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
These strip often, I went to lengths to get a steel insert in mine when we were testing the shotguns because of belts being off, and on so much. Even that barely helped. Its a stupid ass design

You should have just welded a t60 into it then. Simple, cheap 10min mod that would have solved it.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Hahah, you're right. After I posted that I thought about how crap base metal meant crap welds.