E89 Backup camera

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
I have a video module that I use to display Android/MHD on my iDrive screen. It supports front and rear video cameras with parking aid lines.

any of you guys have a favorite RCA input style camera you like for the Z? Needs to be a license plate light type camera I think. Amazon of course has some listed with night vision LEDs.

I think I will do a front camera as well to try and prevent smashing into a curb when parking. Ha.. I have parked, got out, and realized I am 4' away from the curb and my butt sticking out into the lane :blush:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
For the Z, no but I've got a backup camera and a front camera and a rear view mirror dash cam/dvr. The backup camera is a trunk handle camera and I had one die on me and I think my second one just died as well. For some reason they just stop working.

For the front camera, I got it from xcarlink, it fits in the grill somewhere but isn't currently installed. I may buy a wireless transmitter for one or both of my cameras, doing the wiring on them is far from convenient.

upload_2018-6-6_0-22-25.png

xcarlink has a pretty good selection of cameras. Find one you like and then buy it on ebay/amazon.
https://www.xcarlink.co.uk/home.php?cat=25

• Informative
Reactions: fmorelli