AVIN Android Multimedia System Master Thread

myLilTurbo

Apr 24, 2018
Ride
E90xi
One of the Bimmer youtubes I follow, made a video of the install. Too bad he didn't see this thread to know that the newer version has improved audio support.

I hope i'm not breaking any rules linking to this.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
One of the Bimmer youtubes I follow, made a video of the install. Too bad he didn't see this thread to know that the newer version has improved audio support.

I hope i'm not breaking any rules linking to this.
I also subscribe to Vehicular DIY which seems dedicated to this guy’s mods and maintenance work on his 2008 335i. His diys are very thorough.

I’ve been following this thread on Spoolstreet but forgot when/where the upgraded audio was mentioned. Do you know if the upgraded audio is as good as the Logic 7 system playing 256K MP3 files from the 6FL option USB drive in the armrest?

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I also subscribe to Vehicular DIY which seems dedicated to this guy’s mods and maintenance work on his 2008 335i. His diys are very thorough.

I’ve been following this thread on Spoolstreet but forgot when/where the upgraded audio was mentioned. Do you know if the upgraded audio is as good as the Logic 7 system playing 256K MP3 files from the 6FL option USB drive in the armrest?
I doubt it will be as good because it’s got to go through Aux regardless.

Eth35i

Jan 18, 2017
Philadelphia
Ride
'07 335 AT
Does your CCC need to be fully operational and connected for this? My CCC seems to have recently taken a dump, it is just showing a white blip then rebooting, over and over.

Could this be a solution to having a non-operational CCC? Or does the android system and CCC need to work in tandem?

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Does your CCC need to be fully operational and connected for this? My CCC seems to have recently taken a dump, it is just showing a white blip then rebooting, over and over.

Could this be a solution to having a non-operational CCC? Or does the android system and CCC need to work in tandem?
I think this replaces the screen and largely functions without the CCC. BUT you wont have audio and if the controller doesnt work you mightn’t be able to switch to it.

myLilTurbo

Apr 24, 2018
Ride
E90xi
Do you know if the upgraded audio is as good as the Logic 7 system playing 256K MP3 files from the 6FL option USB drive in the armrest?

I haven't tried this yet, but on Page 6 here, @Toddyus made a thorough outline of the newer unit, and appears pleased with the audio. I thought the new unit had fibre, according to the product description, hope someone can confirm.

https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads...a-system-master-thread.2226/page-6#post-50541

https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads...a-system-master-thread.2226/page-6#post-51900

Reactions: Jeffman

kesking

Sep 16, 2018
Hello,

can someone help me with newest firmware on a CIC-HW7 Device ? I have a E93 LCi and Problems with Parking Sensors. They are shown all time front side Min and backside max. I Mailed AVIN they want Order ID but i have no ID i got this from ebay used. It has 3 possibilites to show parking screen. 1. Mode is Aftermarket Camera and it is the Fault one with Camre working and Parking sensor wrong. 2nd Mode is Original Camre and this is only showing original BMW parking sensors without Camera. 3rd Mode is called 360° Camera i think it only works with Reverse driving Signal. But i want to use CAN Signal like original that i see monitor while driving forwards too ( this works on Mode 1 but the Parking sensors not showing correctly).

Does someone use the same setup like me E9X and Avin with working Camera and parking Sensors on Mode 1(Aftermarket Camera) ?

Maybe i only need Firmware Update. Can Someone give me CIC-HW7 Firmware maybe ?

v5osu

Sep 23, 2018
Ride
2006 BMW 330i
Hi guys, I’m new to the group so I apologize if I’m redundant to previously asked questions or posting in the wrong place. I’m preparing to purchase the Avin Android 8.0 radio replacement non iDrive system for logic 7 https://avinusa.com/bmw-3-series-e90-e91-e92-e93-9-android-8-0-oreo-4gb-ram-navigation-system.html. There’s a lot of great info out here for the iDrive system, but I haven’t seen much for the screen version. One of the installers called it “glitchy and garbage”and warned that my phone connection would be terrible. Can anyone speak specifically to this unit in their non iDrive E90? Successes and failures? Thank you!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
There has been a revision of both versions. I would first make sure he's talking about the new version.

Secondly, the software for android units in general is flaky in my experience. It receives updates but prepare to feel like a beta tester. This is not AAA grade hardware but it manages to work. I can't comment on the non-idrive version but I suspect it has similar problems. The good news, there is pretty good aftermarket support for those units.

v5osu

Sep 23, 2018
Ride
2006 BMW 330i
There has been a revision of both versions. I would first make sure he's talking about the new version.

Secondly, the software for android units in general is flaky in my experience. It receives updates but prepare to feel like a beta tester. This is not AAA grade hardware but it manages to work. I can't comment on the non-idrive version but I suspect it has similar problems. The good news, there is pretty good aftermarket support for those units.

OK thanks. I'm getting that story a lot and am unsure how this particular unit is working for people. Do you know anyone here who has recently purchased the screen version? Thanks

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I honestly don't even know the specs of the radio unit. The old one was an octacore, not sure what the new one is.

Either way, the old stock can still be purchased so you'd have to do some digging yourself to find out what the specs are.

v5osu

Sep 23, 2018
Ride
2006 BMW 330i
I honestly don't even know the specs of the radio unit. The old one was an octacore, not sure what the new one is.

Either way, the old stock can still be purchased so you'd have to do some digging yourself to find out what the specs are.
I'm pretty clear on the specs, just can't find anyone who's purchased the latest version and could share their experience. That said, I think I'll be the trailblazer! I will chronicle my experiences here for everyone so we'll have more insight into this particular product!

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I’m still on the fence mainly because I’m afraid of losing my 6FL USB high bit depth MP3 sound quality on my L7 setup.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
I’m still on the fence mainly because I’m afraid of losing my 6FL USB high bit depth MP3 sound quality on my L7 setup.
Me too.i really love the percs of the unit(read data logging mostly and HUD gauges).want to do this but hearing the sub par sound quality is a no go.hope they figure it out.

v5osu

Sep 23, 2018
Ride
2006 BMW 330i
I just got my new Avin 9" 8.0 Oreo 4 GB system. A few weeks ago, I had reached out to the group to see if anyone had it, but I went ahead and purchased it. I'm preparing a YouTube video to show the features of it. Here's how it looks installed on my 2006 E90 (Logic 7) using their MOST Fiber Optic Amp Interface. I didn't install it, but I can try to answer any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_2378.JPG
    IMG_2378.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 191

myLilTurbo

Apr 24, 2018
Ride
E90xi
I just got my new Avin 9" 8.0 Oreo 4 GB system. A few weeks ago, I had reached out to the group to see if anyone had it, but I went ahead and purchased it. I'm preparing a YouTube video to show the features of it. Here's how it looks installed on my 2006 E90 (Logic 7) using their MOST Fiber Optic Amp Interface. I didn't install it, but I can try to answer any questions.

How is the sound quality?

v5osu

Sep 23, 2018
Ride
2006 BMW 330i
How is the sound quality?
Sound quality is marginal / ok thus far. Using factory amp and having trouble achieving volume. There’s various preset settings and a custom eq that I’ve adjusted to my liking, but it lacks power and crispness. Radio sound differs by station wattage. When streaming Spotify, it’s not terrible but I would say don’t buy this for sound quality.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Weird. With the MOST connection it’s digital all the way to the amp where the D\A conversion is done as far as I can tell.

v5osu

Sep 23, 2018
Ride
2006 BMW 330i
Weird. With the MOST connection it’s digital all the way to the amp where the D\A conversion is done as far as I can tell.
I know. I am taking it back to the installer tomorrow. I’ve searched through all the unit settings for any type of setting that would affect it. I’ll report what I find out