ACF Twin Scroll Bottom Mount kit hits the dyno

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Anyone have pics of a completed manifold? Curious about the wastegate and dump tube positioning. In the thread linked in the first post I didn’t see an external wastegate or dump tube. I can kinda see it a little bit on the blue car, but it’s hard to make out.

I never really posted pictures of MY BETA manifold because it was heavily modified and ugly to say the least IMHO lol. The new production manifold is tighter, and cleaner with the same WG and turbo position though.

IMG-3126.PNG
IMG-3128.JPG
IMG-3129.JPG

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
@Payam@BMS thanks for the pics man. Truth be told I don’t care how ugly it is as long as it performs well. (And your beta doesn’t look too bad to me). Just wanted to see the wastegate from a technical standpoint. Thanks again!

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
@Payam@BMS thanks for the pics man. Truth be told I don’t care how ugly it is as long as it performs well. (And your beta doesn’t look too bad to me). Just wanted to see the wastegate from a technical standpoint. Thanks again!

Thank you! Yes the WG placement was essential on this kit to make sure we don't have any boost creep. We tested 8.7 psi spring and hit 9 psi on WG boost in the logs so we can assure there will be no problems with boost control.

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
Every is head over heels about the torque. So GC's make more peak power, and more torque...

1.For one this setup can produce more tq but they are limiting down low. As previously stated big tq down low is how you bend rods.

2. You don't go EFR for power you go EFR for transient response. There's a reason why all they heavy hitting road racing teams use EFR turbos. I.E Chip ganassi Ford GT team that's crushing it right now in GT Le Mans class. The compressor wheels aren't as efficient as the PTE stuff but it makes up for it with the gamma ti turbine wheels.

Reactions: 335i_lou

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Every is head over heels about the torque. So GC's make more peak power, and more torque...

not everyone drives on race slicks with 100% hot sunny days and has fully built engines. GCs are great but I don't want to immediately blow the tires off or bend a rod. Properly designed TS ST kits are the happy medium.

Red90

Private
Feb 7, 2018
Ride
E90 335i
Are the kits going to be available within the next months are so?