6HP28 Swap mated to N54

Marlon aleman

Feb 13, 2019
Ride
pontiac1998
Hi Everyone

sorry for getting in late but i was stressed out with my work last month.

here is what everyone needs to know about the swap.

1. cut bell housing from 21 and weld on 28
2. use e shifter from e60(shifter from dct e92 will work as well but I had not one around to test)
3. wires are not hard to do, look around for AT to DCT swap its almost identical.
4. Torque converter is hard part to figure out. I have used TQ from 335d but its very lazy on this engine with single turbo, my goal is to go with another tq from x6m. I will update everyone once this is completed.
5. you need to figure out codding of CAS, unfortunately it seems without professional software/hardware like bmw explorer and KTAG its not possible to do, but i cant confirm 100% as i'm not professional on this area.
6. Contact XHP for custom flash file. They have prepared file for me which makes my car daily driven. It still can be improved but Thanks to @clemens for hard work and getting flash together from so much components.

for anyone having specific questions to me I would suggest collecting them all in this thread in one post and I will answer them all.

regards
taron
Do you think that transmission can’t do 850 whp

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
FYI, i shipped my awd trans from my donor car for $165 thru a company called Partner Ship. It’s not a personal account as you need to list a company for reference. I had a hard time finding someone that could ship a pallet out without costing over $500 for where it had to go. I’m in Rhode Island, and the trans went to North Dakota. I estimated the whole thing was 180 lbs, the only real work was securing it, and bringing it to the shipper. I tried Fed Ex, they wanted $700 to ship it out, as I also sold a 60k 6hp21 for $500. I could fathom paying more for shipping that what the item was worth.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeffman