6HP21: Tranny pan?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Is it possible to make a billet transmission pan with increased fluid capacity? Or does someone already do that?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
It is definitely possible, and I don't know of any in production.

I just ask because I know a fabricator who is looking for some parts to make. What is the fluid capacity of our current system? I wonder if increasing it would help.

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
I just ask because I know a fabricator who is looking for some parts to make. What is the fluid capacity of our current system? I wonder if increasing it would help.
A pan swap takes right around 6 quarts of fluid, so that is more or less the pan capacity. There is definitely space for a deeper pan and and more capacity is never a bad thing.

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Nizpro is already looking into a billet pan for the HP19/21. But Simon said that they've been so busy with other stuff that it's on the back burner for now. The hard part is incorporating the filter into it since our pan and filter is one unit.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Nizpro is already looking into a billet pan for the HP19/21. But Simon said that they've been so busy with other stuff that it's on the back burner for now. The hard part is incorporating the filter into it since our pan and filter is one unit.
Well couldn't hurt to have a local source I guess?

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH

Other applications of the 6hp come standard with a metal pan and separate filter, so it would just be a matter of integrating the proper filters mounts in a new pan.

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Those pans have a separate filter our filter is part of the pan. A little different. But i think someone should be able to figure it out. I've been asking for a billet pan for years now.

Reactions: JStock_BTN54

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Those pans have a separate filter our filter is part of the pan. A little different. But i think someone should be able to figure it out. I've been asking for a billet pan for years now.

How much would you be willing to pay for one?

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Other applications of the 6hp come standard with a metal pan and separate filter, so it would just be a matter of integrating the proper filters mounts in a new pan.
If you go back through the part numbers. The originally came with separate filters, pans. They started incoporating them together later on. The filter doest't have to be part of the pan. I would have to look at them more closely, but I believe you should be able to separate them

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Like this :) ?
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/universal-flex-disc/26117605629

BMW started selling them a few years ago. You'll need the new bolts also.
I'm nor sure you understand what the word billet means. That's not billet. Thas's simply the newer 135 guibos. They work fine. We actually have two with low miles we will be selling shortly as our new carbon drive shafts domes use a guibo. The only place making a true billet guibo for the N54 power cars is revshift. We have one we will also be selling. We will most the for sale post shortly

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
If you understood what billet means, you would not have posted that as a billet guibo. That is a cast aluminum piece with rubber pressed into it. As I said the only billet guibo's available are offered by Revshift, and have mixed reviews. I have had one for almost 8 months. Never installed it.