DIY 535 LPFP Discussion/Tester Thread

Mrangel184

Mar 22, 2021
Can't fit two in the smaller diameter bucket. Recommend doing a 295 upgrade, you can do a "side car" style bucketless add-on with a 274 or 285 if you want to upgrade the existing LPFP and want to do it in-tank.
I currently have a single 450 in the bucket I seen people cut the bucket in order to let them both fit or mount it on the side

PFS

Corporal
Nov 19, 2018
Ride
335i
It's easy to do the side car method and doesn't kill the bucket venturi operation. No sense in hacking up the bucket. I took one of our PFS double pump clamps, and drilled it all the way through, literally just ran a longer bolt through to a bent piece of steel. In the photo attached it was just a piece of aluminum for prototype design, on the real prototype (S55, somewhat similar in appearance to 5 series) I used a bent piece of stainless, clips on the bucket like an old school clothes pin. Super inexpensive to implement, and not bad to install (pump without tophat first, then sidecar, then attach lines, then put tophat back on. We're going a different direction with an external solution but it's doable. Let me know if you need anything, clamps, etc.

Chris
IMG-9369.JPEG

Reactions: NoQuarter

Mrangel184

Mar 22, 2021
It's easy to do the side car method and doesn't kill the bucket venturi operation. No sense in hacking up the bucket. I took one of our PFS double pump clamps, and drilled it all the way through, literally just ran a longer bolt through to a bent piece of steel. In the photo attached it was just a piece of aluminum for prototype design, on the real prototype (S55, somewhat similar in appearance to 5 series) I used a bent piece of stainless, clips on the bucket like an old school clothes pin. Super inexpensive to implement, and not bad to install (pump without tophat first, then sidecar, then attach lines, then put tophat back on. We're going a different direction with an external solution but it's doable. Let me know if you need anything, clamps, etc.

ChrisView attachment 50607
I sent you a pm

PFS

Corporal
Nov 19, 2018
Ride
335i
Finally got some data from the tester. Basemap, GC's, E60. When I see more, I'll share more.

This is an inline pump option mounted to a FPR the return of which dumps back onto the LPFP tophat (add a fitting). We'll probably do 2 options, this is the small one, the big mama is harder to mount and noisy but flows quite a lot. It's my intention to figure out something that just uses a stock LPFP to get you over 600, keep factory control and the good flow out of a <$200 stock LPFP (they're so much better than 3 series) and bolt on a second pump to push things another 1-200 hp further.

Chris

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 954

lituga

Lurker
Jul 3, 2020
@PFS do ya'll have fuel pump upgrades for the E6x? From your website it looks like only 1er and 3ers. Is there a large difference between the two platforms' buckets?

In the market for a WB535 bucketed upgrade

island road

Corporal
Nov 21, 2016
Boston
Ride
535xiT 2010 M Sport
@PFS do ya'll have fuel pump upgrades for the E6x? From your website it looks like only 1er and 3ers. Is there a large difference between the two platforms' buckets?

In the market for a WB535 bucketed upgrade
Another E6X here would like to know. ATM running an old Fuelit with a Walbro 450 debating just throwing a 525 in.