The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
I just checked, and YUP you still on my sack bruh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nut huggers lifetime union. Every post since i first opened my account has you talking shit, followed by insults,followed by claims of how
Good you are, followed by you saying you will take the high road, followed by you saying im blocked again, followed by you waiting for your litte groupies that you PM to help chime in on your battles.
Go home...you're drunk.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
And Im still over here waiting for an answer about the crank hub spinning issue, what the approach was taken on that.......

As MMP has been active in this thread I would assume they or the OP will respond...but I have been wrong before.

That being said the OP apparently can't answer the most basic of questions as he is busy reving the shit out of his built motor on a cold start.

;)

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
VTT makes a crank bolt capture and I believe a company in Australia called PPM makes one too. There is a thread out there about this somewhere too. There are new upgraded part numbers for crank hub, sprocket and washers

Reactions: veer90

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
upload_2018-9-14_21-59-16.gif

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
And Im still over here waiting for an answer about the crank hub spinning issue, what the approach was taken on that.......

When my engine was built I had the shop torque the bolt to 10deg over BMW specification, 100Nm + 370deg instead of oem 100Nm + 360deg. This was before the keyed hub was released for sale.

21k miles in and so far so good. No 2 stepping but I have logs of the poor motor hitting 7400 rpm at 33 psi on the dyno lol

Reactions: DCook

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I issued a few warnings. The thread can stay open if you guys will stop getting your feelings hurt on the internet and play nice.

Also, I like that you guys post a lot, but sometimes you have to remember that people don't always give a shit about your opinion. Just general advice to anyone who happens to read this.

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
this^^^

I love this forum and I check it daily but I find myself reading and following threads far less often than I used to. Its generally cause it always boils down to the same select few people in each and every thread always being hypercritical

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
VTT makes a crank bolt capture and I believe a company in Australia called PPM makes one too. There is a thread out there about this somewhere too. There are new upgraded part numbers for crank hub, sprocket and washers
I had no idea about the updated PNs, but I was always curious why more people aren't running the VTT crank capture.

Even if it doesn't eliminate 100% of the causes for the crank issues, eliminating 50% of them for $100 sounds like a pretty good fuckin deal to me. But hey, I'm one of those people who would rather spend an extra $300 for a better oil cooler to keep my current setup healthy than spend $100 for a plastic turbo snout and squeeze 6 extra peak HP out, so I know I'm probably in the minority.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
I had no idea about the updated PNs, but I was always curious why more people aren't running the VTT crank capture.

Even if it doesn't eliminate 100% of the causes for the crank issues, eliminating 50% of them for $100 sounds like a pretty good fuckin deal to me. But hey, I'm one of those people who would rather spend an extra $300 for a better oil cooler to keep my current setup healthy than spend $100 for a plastic turbo snout and squeeze 6 extra peak HP out, so I know I'm probably in the minority.

Because the VTT crank bolt capture doesn't work. Timing sprocket still spins.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Still stops the crank bolt from backing out, no? That's why I said even if it stops 50% (or hell even slightly less) of the causes, $100 makes it pretty worth it.

Since the hub isn't pinned, even if the crank bolt doesn't back out, it could spin with enough torque. I think the crank bolt capture is great insurance against the bolt backing out, but not a guarantee against all spun hubs.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I just read all 5 pages of this tread and found it hilarious! It's so unprofessional for venders to be going back and forth, it shows you have nothing else better to do. Op's come here for there experience, not vendor comments.

The funny part is, the only "vendor" that went back and forth is Rob. MMP didn't get sucked in. Shows who is professional and who is not.

Reactions: JuniorB