335i n54 - pure stage 2 hi flow

Sthawksh

Apr 9, 2019
Ride
335i
I’m starting my build on my car. My goal is roughly 700whp. I’ve decided to go with pure stage 2 turbos. Can someone please tell me things to consider and the supporting mods I’ll need. I’m already fbo besides inlets and outlets
Suspension -
Performance -
Clutch -
Brakes -

I daily my car in the summers , and at times I do rolling races.

Thanks

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
If you are looking for 700whp I would not choose PS2s. They are going to be pushed extremely hard to get to the power level if they even will. You will need at a minimum a stage 3 lpfp, port injection, port injection controller and clutch/flywheel (at that level I would go with a twin disc).

• Agree
Reactions: langsbr

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Don't forget access to E85. Without E85, it will be difficult, even if using meth.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
How much money are you ready to commit would be a better question...

1st you have to have E85 access or run gobs of meth. Even with E85 access any set of twins are going to be basically at their max around 700whp give or take. You might want to look at a single turbo for your goals.

If you are going to shoot for high HP with twins make sure your tuner tunes out some of the low end tq(the oem twins style advantage) so you don't go and bend a rod.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I'm not a single fan, but I agree with Torgus. You're much better off going with a single for 700+ WHP. I've yet to see any twins do really well in the 700+ category, while there are a more than a few 700-800WHP singles (on 6266s no less.)

Just be mindful that going to a single brings its own share of idiosyncracies. The further you move from stock, the more potential for issues there are.

As for the twin "torque advantage" I've done some comparisons between Veer90s old MMP and new 6266 dynos and the 6266 had a pretty good torque advantage in the low range. That may have been by design, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Torgus

Sthawksh

Apr 9, 2019
Ride
335i
How much money are you ready to commit would be a better question...

1st you have to have E85 access or run gobs of meth. Even with E85 access any set of twins are going to be basically at their max around 700whp give or take. You might want to look at a single turbo for your goals.

If you are going to shoot for high HP with twins make sure your tuner tunes out some of the low end tq(the oem twins style advantage) so you don't go and bend a rod.
Honestly, I have a budget of 10k max with all upgrades and custom tunes. E85 is not an option. 700whp would be amazing but anything close to that I’m fine. As long as it’s more than 650whp. But my tuner is one of the best I have faith in him. He’s the one who told me to go with ps2 hiflow

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Did you tell him from the get go you don't have e85? Even 650 is gonna be pushing it using just meth on twins. 550 whp I would say sure, but another 100whp is gonna take a lot of luck along with a lot of meth.

• Agree
Reactions: Rob09msport

Sthawksh

Apr 9, 2019
Ride
335i
Honestly guys, I want something really fast and reliable so that I don’t run into problems. I’m just gonna go with ps2, spec twin disk, inlets n outlets. Bigger intercooler, and lsd diff so I can put the power to the ground. I hope that’s 10k lol if not I’ll wait on the lsd until I have more saved up. Btw what would you guys recommend for turbo lag? Wanna avoid lag when roll racing esp against those super chargers lol

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
You shouldn't have much lag with PS2s, but you may want a WOTBox for NLS so boost doesn't drop on shifts. If you're doing your own labor then 10K shouldn't be too bad, especially considering the pricepoint of Pures now. If you are paying for labor - 10K will be stretching things to get all of that done, especially with an LSD.

Are you going to do a diff in the stock housing, or an M3 LSD swap? I'm gonna go the M3 route in a month or so, and then save up to do a proper diff in the M3 housing down the road.

Don't forget ancillaries like meth injection, good/new injectors, etc. It all adds up fast.

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Honestly guys, I want something really fast and reliable so that I don’t run into problems. I’m just gonna go with ps2, spec twin disk, inlets n outlets. Bigger intercooler, and lsd diff so I can put the power to the ground. I hope that’s 10k lol if not I’ll wait on the lsd until I have more saved up. Btw what would you guys recommend for turbo lag? Wanna avoid lag when roll racing esp against those super chargers lol
Not to discourage you, but a 700whp stock motor n54 is not going to be reliable. If you are looking for something in the 600-625 the setup sounds great and should be somewhat reliable.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
On 93 pump you will make 500whp on the pure turbos unless things have changed. If 500whp is really fast than you will be pleased.

Only way to get even close to 600 or 700whp on 93 is a single and meth as you have no e85 access.

Once you get above 500whp you gotta pay to play.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
On 93 pump you will make 500whp on the pure turbos unless things have changed. If 500whp is really fast than you will be pleased.

Only way to get even close to 600 or 700whp on 93 is a single and meth as you have no e85 access.

Once you get above 500whp you gotta pay to play.
Once you get above 500 it's a second wife you gotta pay, and every once and while might get some play but mostly just alot of headache. Stick to dating aka 5xx lmao

Sthawksh

Apr 9, 2019
Ride
335i
You shouldn't have much lag with PS2s, but you may want a WOTBox for NLS so boost doesn't drop on shifts. If you're doing your own labor then 10K shouldn't be too bad, especially considering the pricepoint of Pures now. If you are paying for labor - 10K will be stretching things to get all of that done, especially with an LSD.

Are you going to do a diff in the stock housing, or an M3 LSD swap? I'm gonna go the M3 route in a month or so, and then save up to do a proper diff in the M3 housing down the road.

Don't forget ancillaries like meth injection, good/new injectors, etc. It all adds up fast.
No unfornately im not doing my own labour. I’m having the car done at a performance shop which only deals with race cars.
I will mostly likely get all the supporting mods first and have all the maintainence upto date. And then drop in the ps2.

Sthawksh

Apr 9, 2019
Ride
335i
Sorry I might be wrong but from what I was told the n54 is a powerful engine and can withstand 700hp on stock internals no problem.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Sorry I might be wrong but from what I was told the n54 is a powerful engine and can withstand 700hp on stock internals no problem.

You do not have to worry about 700whp with the fuel and turbo you are using. I hope your tunah agrees.

The n54 is strong but above 600 it seems to get very hairy. Some lose their engine under 600. It is alot stronger than most engines that start at 300whp. No subie or evo is going to hit 600whp on a stock block for instance.

• Agree
Reactions: Rob09msport