335i E90 (N54) Shuttering & Weak Performance

SweetE90

Nov 28, 2021
Hey SpoolStreet!

I'm fully new to this group and ready to discuss something that has been going on with my 07 335i e90.

Recently, my 335i all suddenly started to not make much power and have been noticing at 2-2.5k RPM the whole car shutters and shakes struggling to hold power or something. The only mods that I've done are

VSFR DCI
MHD Stage 1+
xHP Stage 3

It's been running fine for ages and all that but it's only recently where it spat the dummy and it's having problems with making boost so I decided to pick up an aftermarket charge pipe with a BOV thinking there might of been a invisible hairline crack in the OEM charge pipe but still having the same problem, but I've also noticed that when it's on boost the BOV releases air rapidly while in the middle of boost. I've started to think it might be spark plugs or the waste gate but not 100% sure as it hasn't thrown any codes, this is with using MHD DME code's and Carly's codes and nothing comes up, not even a 30FF code.

(This problem was before I even upgraded the charge pipe and gotten BOV)

If you guys could give me some ideas of what it might be, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

- Dylan

Performance335is

Sep 13, 2021
Hey SpoolStreet!

I'm fully new to this group and ready to discuss something that has been going on with my 07 335i e90.

Recently, my 335i all suddenly started to not make much power and have been noticing at 2-2.5k RPM the whole car shutters and shakes struggling to hold power or something. The only mods that I've done are

VSFR DCI
MHD Stage 1+
xHP Stage 3

It's been running fine for ages and all that but it's only recently where it spat the dummy and it's having problems with making boost so I decided to pick up an aftermarket charge pipe with a BOV thinking there might of been a invisible hairline crack in the OEM charge pipe but still having the same problem, but I've also noticed that when it's on boost the BOV releases air rapidly while in the middle of boost. I've started to think it might be spark plugs or the waste gate but not 100% sure as it hasn't thrown any codes, this is with using MHD DME code's and Carly's codes and nothing comes up, not even a 30FF code.

(This problem was before I even upgraded the charge pipe and gotten BOV)

If you guys could give me some ideas of what it might be, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

- Dylan
Fixed your issue?