fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Can you give us any hints on what you are working on ? :D
Hahahaha ... so then people will complain and prod endlessly for those things to come out?

Ford 9" and a 4 link would really change these things off the line but then it wouldn't really be as nice around town or in the twisties
And to think, the IRS on the Mustang was a huge step forward. We used to road race a 5.0 Fox chassis and I spent years wrenching that car. Brakes were so bad we had to get them turned down on a lathe by Dan Swain and coated with a different metal at the braking surface. Suspension on that car was just a disaster.

But I get it ... you drag guys want a 4-link solid axle. Definitely makes it a very different car. Seems like it would be a lot of work to sort it out.

Filippo

• Agree
Reactions: JBacon335

JBacon335

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Toms River, NJ
Ride
07 335i Sedan, 1988 Mustang GT
I fully agree, it would be a nightmare to do. There's a reason why my 335 is my daily and my fox is a Drag/Weekend car. an IRS will handle better and ride far better every time, that's why they went to that in the newer mustangs. Can't do everything with just 1 car is what I tell people. Pick what you're using it for and make it great at that

Reactions: fmorelli

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
B9C118C2-05B9-4493-9E96-5DA9C756ACDC.jpeg

A small teaser. Custom driveshaft...

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
VTT has a single turbo kit for the n54?

Well yes, they do. But I'm putting a Doc Race 6266 on with a VTT Double Barrel Shotgun for fueling.

Custom driveshaft, M3 LSD 3.15, M3 axles all in place (since this is a drivetrain thread).

And I'm on the first run for the MFactory Single Mass DCT flywheel too. Should have that here shortly.

Reactions: Torgus and Abacus38

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Well yes, they do. But I'm putting a Doc Race 6266 on with a VTT Double Barrel Shotgun for fueling.

Custom driveshaft, M3 LSD 3.15, M3 axles all in place (since this is a drivetrain thread).

And I'm on the first run for the MFactory Single Mass DCT flywheel too. Should have that here shortly.
Looking forward to how the smfw goes.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i

Do you prefer the shotfun over PI?

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Do you prefer the shotfun over PI?

I haven't had either, but in theory yes. PI sandwich plates introduces the potential for 2x as more boost leaks, and it also sprays the fuel backwards (it should point towards the intake valves). Even if you get a correct physical setup like the FabFactory intake manifold designed totally correctly you are still left with a $300 piece of electronics controling fueling in a batch fire methodology all by itself.

If I had a Syvecs and a FabFactory manifold....then I'd be using PI. But for $7500 I can do a lot more than just aux fueling.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

Do you have e85 access?

Any reason for the 6266 vs. The 6466? I'm guessing spool and hp goals?

Should be sick when it is all done!

It's amazing how much you can dump into a car just to get it where you want it. But that is the fun of being an enthusiast I guess...or the curse. I could have a nice boat for what I have dumped into mine...

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
VTT has a single turbo kit for the n54?

They have a cast vband twin scroll manifold they showed. I didn't notice any wastegate or O2 provisions, so chances are it has some time before it will be done. Maybe end of the year or so is my guess.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
They have a cast vband twin scroll manifold they showed. I didn't notice any wastegate or O2 provisions, so chances are it has some time before it will be done. Maybe end of the year or so is my guess.
I don't get all the vband connections on all the kits. I would think a simple T3 or T4 would be more desirable. Can only bolt together in one orientation and less potential for fitment issues. Easier to bolt on too than holding the turbo with one hand and trying to get a vband fit with the other too. Hell, I wish my motiv manifold had a bolted flange versus the vband just for ease of install.