2010 LeMans Blue M-sport 6MT Build Thread (Clean WHP)

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
3/29/18: Whats up Spoolstreet community! Some of you may know me from my 2008 Black Sapphire FBO 6 speed 135i or from my YouTube channel - "Clean WHP" I recently acquired another 135i - This time its a 2010, LeMans Blue, and a true M-Sport package car (black headliner, style 261's, and M logo door sills) Its really an awesome story how I found this car and got it for such a good price, this car is basically my dream spec 135i and I couldn't be more thrilled for this build. I'll spare the details; which can be found on my youtube channel for anyone who is interested!

Having owned a 400WHP FBO stock turbo 135i already, I have a good taste of what bolt-ons are like. My plans for this car are simple: Single turbo. Im not 100% when I will pull the trigger on a kit, but I imagine it to be relatively soon and i'm definitely hoping to have it done this driving season. My goals for this car will be up to 700WHP on an all out map, but I'd like to make 600whp-650whp for everyday street shenanigans.

With all that being said, right now I am focusing on some little details and minor cosmetic mods. Especially things I always wanted to do on my black 135i - but never quite got around to doing.

The very first thing I did was get the windows tinted to 20%. This is what I had on my last 135i and after 1 day of driving, I needed the shade, exterior look, and privacy of tinted windows again. FWIW, Ive never had any legal issues with 20% here in VA where the legal limit is 50%.

1.JPG
2.JPG

Next, I ordered some Smoked Black White LED side markers from Mod Bargains. The install on these was a breeze and they look amazing. At night or in the shade, the LED's really shine bright and provides way more visibility then stock side markers.

3.JPG
4.JPG

Going along with the Smoked black Side Markers, It was time to replace the chrome kidney grills in favor of some Gloss Black ones. I found these F80 M3 style grills with dual slots for only 53$, and was super excited to find no issues with fitment. The Dual Slats gives the 1 series a whole new aggressive look in the front.

5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

Last edited:

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
4/1/18: After installing the Smoked Black side markers with White LED's from Mod Bargains, I wanted some White LED Angel Eyes to match the white lights on the side of the car. My research led me to believe the LUX H8 180 would be the brightest, and most white bulb on the market - So I spent the money and grabbed a set!

8.JPG
9.JPG

Last edited:

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
4/8/18: After a much needed Wash and Wax, I took the car to a couple of my favorite local spots for a photoshoot. I had to downsize the dimensions quite a bit for these pics to upload, but in normal form they were much sharper. Follow my Instagram to see these pics in their best form! https://www.instagram.com/clean_whp/?hl=en
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
5/3/18: Well the time has officially came
smile.gif
I ordered my single turbo kit. I decided to go with a VI Engineered top mount turbo kit with a Garrett GTX3582R Gen 2 and a 1.06 AR Housing. Im super excited to receive this kit and get working on the install. Of course, there will be many videos uploaded to my youtube channel on the whole process. Make Sure you subscribe to watch it all go down!

In the meantime, here are some pics of the manifold from another forum member. These are not my pics nor my personal kit, but thought I'd share so others who aren't familiar with the kit can see what its all about! pics belong to "chrisdfv" and the manifold looks absolutely stunning. Amazing welds and design (one piece, top waste gates, bigger collectors, etc)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.png

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
5/13/18: While waiting on my Single turbo Kit to arrive, I decided this Weekend was a good time to get my 135i professionally detailed from Essence of Clean detailing company. Here is a video of the full decontamination process of the cleaning wheels, engine bay, Foaming the car, hand washing, Clay bar treatment, and lastly Iron Fall out.This process looks like a typical wash, but it us much, more more thorough and takes about 5 hours to do properly. Stay tuned for part 2 and 3 where the car will be getting a 2 stage paint correction with compound and polishing, and a ceramic coating!

Last edited:

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Gonna be sick I have same color searched for yr for it what type ceramic coat you doing ?

Hell yeah, LeMans has always been my favorite and after I sold my black 135i I was dead set of finding it for my next n54 car. Almost settled for montego blue 335i cause it took so long to find, but so glad I waited. and Im gonna be using Kamikaze ISM coating!

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Got ya I'm north of you new England area just moved to CT was curious to see top mount in person

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Got ya I'm north of you new England area just moved to CT was curious to see top mount in person

When It comes in I will have plenty of pics and video on it, but if you ever are in the VA beach area give me a shout and i'd be happy to meet up for car stuff!

5/15/2018: Part 2 of the Detail! We Paint corrected the whole car in this video, and it came out incredible. The Metallic in the LeMans Blue really pops! However, this was defiantly the most laborious part to the detail, and my voice is a bit dull in the video do being tired. Anyways, we achieved some phenomenal results!

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
gorgeous car man. looking forward to your impressions of the Vi kit fitment. Why another 1er?

Thanks man. I am super looking forward to receiving the kit and making content on it. I went over it in detail in the first video I made on my channel of the Lemans blue car, but in short I just couldn't get excited about any other car as much as I was with the 1 series, and this new one fits my goals better for a single turbo build.

Heres the 3rd and final video of the Detail, The Ceramic Coating. I went with kamikaze ISM coating and could not be more pleased, this stuff seriously looks amazing with the LeMans Blue paint! Watch the end of the video for a walk around of the car in the sunlight!

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Looks great!

Thanks!

5/21/18: Installed some Blacklines tail-lights! I couldn't be Happier with how these fit and look. There is something about those OEM+ mods that is just so nice :) Here is my normal Vlog style video, but this time it also has some simple DIY instructions for anyone else out there looking to do this swap!

Last edited:

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
10/31/18:

I know its been several months since the last update, but figured I'd post again since a lot has changed. Most notably, I sold the VIE kit when I actually recieved it (4 months after purchase, with minor parts/hardware still missing) and I bought a motiv single turbo kit in favor. I also bought a lot of other goodies such as IRP chassis mounted shifter (similiar to RTD), spec twin disc clutch, BMP stage 3 bucketless dual walboro 450 lpfp, and others I cant remember right now.

I've made tons of progress with the car and its only a step or two away from driving. The motiv single turbo kit is installed and its fantastic, easily the best single turbo kit out there in my opinion. Im running the 800 kit with a Xona rotor 82-67 with 1.03AR, I plan to hit a dyno when the car is done being tuned by Ken to see what numbers she makes!

I also changed the style of my youtube channel a lot, deleted some old content that was useless, and am trying to improve the quality a lot. Here are a couple of the most recent videos!

Motiv turbo Kit unboxing/overview and why I sold the VIE ST Kit:
N54 stock turbo removal DIY:
Motiv Kit install and first start:

C2YT

Oct 25, 2018
Ride
2011 BMW 335i E90
Awesome man! I have been following your build for a while now. I actually tried to trade my GTO for your black 135i IIRC! haha. It is cool to see someone the same age as passionate about building cars as well. I know how it can be juggling work, full-time school, family, and cars. Props to you for making the time and doing the job right. Unfortunately a lot of people cut corners, that isn't the case here. Can't wait for more content!

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Awesome man! I have been following your build for a while now. I actually tried to trade my GTO for your black 135i IIRC! haha. It is cool to see someone the same age as passionate about building cars as well. I know how it can be juggling work, full-time school, family, and cars. Props to you for making the time and doing the job right. Unfortunately a lot of people cut corners, that isn't the case here. Can't wait for more content!

haha, I do remember that offer! thanks for the kind words, it really has been a longer and more involved process than I had thought. I am really happy with how things are turning out tho, even tho its been taking longer than expected.

Hope to finish the build, and hit the dyno / do plenty of other stuff right when its done!

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
Made some more progress over the last few days and got the stage 3 LPFP installed from BMP. Its a dual walbro 450 bucketless set up and should provide ample flow for my needs. Here is a DIY video I made on the install of the stage lpfp, all that is left is the twin disc clutch and its time to rip this thing!