E9X YCW Reference Coilovers w/ Swift Springs

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I know a few of you were part of the earlier testing rounds of these coilovers, but I got mine in from the pre-order that was done at the beginning of the year. I didn't request custom spring rates, so they should be 4k/12k and I've done nothing else to the suspension system. I got these because they seemed to have a good set of features for the price range they were in, hard to pass up a good deal. Now I just need to see if I like how they perform, hope to have them on in the next week or two. Only thing I'd change, is I wish the springs were black instead of this copper hue:

IMG_20170518_150351.jpg
IMG_20170518_150848.jpg
IMG_20170518_150901.jpg
IMG_20170519_130755.jpg
IMG_20170519_130858.jpg

Kenjermen

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
N las vegas NV
Did you install them yourself? I am considering it but the garage is so freakin hot. I'd literally have to go buy an air conditioner.
Yea I did, but I was lucky enough to be able to use a lift. If doing it wkithout a lift your going to need to lift the car up a decent amount on Jack stands and also have a spare jack to lift up on the suspension to help move the weight around. The fronts are going to require a hammer and big flat head to get the old ones out and the new ones in

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yea I did, but I was lucky enough to be able to use a lift. If doing it wkithout a lift your going to need to lift the car up a decent amount on Jack stands and also have a spare jack to lift up on the suspension to help move the weight around. The fronts are going to require a hammer and big flat head to get the old ones out and the new ones in

Last time I did suspension I lost six fingernails.

EDIT: Simultaneously.

Reactions: Kenjermen

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Haha gotcha, idk never used a spring compressor, o don't for get the rear springs are installed inverted on this kit

Can they be installed both ways or are they required to be inverted? Seems like I read something about needing to be inverted so they can be adjusted or something.

Kenjermen

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
N las vegas NV
Can they be installed both ways or are they required to be inverted? Seems like I read something about needing to be inverted so they can be adjusted or something.
They are suppose to be inverted, but I installed mine not at first (didn't know they where suppose to be inverted at the time). Adjusting them was a pain defiantly a lot easier with them faceing the correct way, also I think due to the design it messes with how the swing compresses

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

Kenjermen

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
N las vegas NV
I'll try to take some pics of it today, for you. I also will have a review of them here in a couple months once my car is back together and I drive on them for awhile. Also will be putting out a review on their axles as well at the same time

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'll try to take some pics of it today, for you. I also will have a review of them here in a couple months once my car is back together and I drive on them for awhile. Also will be putting out a review on their axles as well at the same time

That would be awesome