xHP DCT Flashing

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
From xHP FB Page:

We are very proud to present another worlds-first to the BMW Community!

We've been working on this project for 15 months and finally arm-wrestled the BMW Dual Clutch Transmission! Not only are we able to flash first (E-Series) and second generation (F-Series) of the DCT through OBD (see www.xhpflashtool.com for adapter options), we are also able to offer you guys OTS Maps with raised line pressure and fine-tuned maps, to reliably work even on cars with double the stock-power. No more spongy shifting on high-power cars with the DCT trans. It now bangs the gears instant, consistent and punchy. Customers will also be able to further adjust shifting to their liking with a few easy sliders in the App. From a wheel-spinning, super-hard 1-2 shift, to a super-smooth and fast shift in 2 minutes with xHP. (awesome in the rain)

Available Custom Options:
- Adjust Launch RPM Target/Min/Max
- Adjust Shift-Points
- Adjust Torque Punch on Upshift
- Torque Reduction during Upshift
- Configure Max. RPM
- Rear Differential Ratio
DCT-Support will be available from early July 2020 for 135i, 335i and Z4 35i(s) E-Series. Support for F8x M-Cars will follow in the next weeks, once testing is finished. Other variants at a later stage.
Licenses and Maps can be bought from July 6th on at

Sales page has been updated to reflect DCT:
  • Enables unlimited flashing for a single Vehicle (VIN - Lock) with ZF6HP/ZF8HP Automatic or 7-Speed DCT Transmission. (only E-Series right now, F-Series soon)

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
It's been released. But they want £180 for the flasher and £180 for the map pack. £360 for a transmission flash!
I was all up for buying this ASAP but they can get fucked at that price :tearsofjoy:

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
It's been released. But they want £180 for the flasher and £180 for the map pack. £360 for a transmission flash!
I was all up for buying this ASAP but they can get fucked at that price :tearsofjoy:
That's kind of a bummer, I thought it would be a little cheaper but then again, no one else has this so....

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
That's kind of a bummer, I thought it would be a little cheaper but then again, no one else has this so....

If it turns out to be incredible then I'll probably buy it. I have no problem throwing money away on car stuff but I feel that pricing is out of whack with reality and as a matter of principal will avoid.

I put up a thread about it last week on a UK Z4 board and there was a lot of interest assuming the normal xHP pricing (£200 for flasher and map pack) but most still were going to hold back until others post feedback. I think at £360 it's a non starter.

• Agree
Reactions: Asbjorn

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT

Same for me. What a bummer.. not buying (now)

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
If it turns out to be incredible then I'll probably buy it. I have no problem throwing money away on car stuff but I feel that pricing is out of whack with reality and as a matter of principal will avoid.

I put up a thread about it last week on a UK Z4 board and there was a lot of interest assuming the normal xHP pricing (£200 for flasher and map pack) but most still were going to hold back until others post feedback. I think at £360 it's a non starter.
I agree that’s steep AF!

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
What can we actually do with only the license?

Do we actually really NEED the OTS Maps?

Reading the manual i am not really figuring if i can tweak the features without an OTS map.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
So you only need the flasher, you can tweek the stock map on sliders.
The map pack is well...not really needed ?

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009

Flasher does the following
  • Enables unlimited flashing for a single Vehicle (VIN - Lock) with ZF 6HP or ZF 8HP Automatic-Transmission.
  • Includes all Customization Options for your BMW: Shiftpoint Editor, customize Launch Control, Torque Limiters, Throttle Blips and much more
  • Enables to flash Tunes from the xHP Map Pack (separate purchase)
  • Enables to flash custom maps
  • Please check Support for your Vehicle in our Support Checker
The Flash-License enables unlimited flashing for a single vehicle in our xHP Flashtool Smarthpone/Tablet App available for Android and from April 2020 also on iOS!

You can instantly flash our OTS Tunes (separate item) to your transmission or start to tweak your stock map with our built in custom functions. Through an easy to use interface you can alter Shift Points, Throttle Blips, Torque Limiters, Launch Control function, Gear Display and much more. All of those functions even work on our OTS Tunes, so you can further tailor everything to your liking!

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Now another round of patience waiting for the M version to see if we can keep the M style shifter.

I see we can customize their OTS maps. Does it support custom maps that can be shared?

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
It's a smaller base, but yeah, money grab. Can't wait to see the M taxed version for the same tranny. I may buy the flasher and hold off the maps.

Now another round of patience waiting for the M version to see if we can keep the M style shifter.

I see we can customize their OTS maps. Does it support custom maps that can be shared?
That's what I want to know from whomever is jumping on it: can the stock bin be read out, modified and flashed back?

fosiacat

Lurker
Dec 16, 2017
Ride
2010 335i
I bought xHP for my old auto so I already own the flash license, but ffs, another 225 bucks on top of that? no way. I’ll wait for it to go on sale or something at best. I didn’t pay 400 dollars for an OTS map for mhd I’m not paying 400 dollars for an OTS trans map. custom tunes cost that much.