xHP DCT Flashing

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Just an FYI, I have a 335is with DCT that I flashed to the 135 DCT and I was still able to flash xHP stage 3 with no issue and did not set it back to stock before flashing.

Reactions: T3hD0gg

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
I posted this in another xHP thread but it may be better here:
Oh to anyone interested a guy I met on Facebook who has done the M3GTS conversion messaged me and he bought xHP and it let him flash but then it showed the stock ZB instead so he has to flash back for the GWS to work. The initial attempt with xHP saved his GTS flash, but wouldn't let him reload it. So he was gonna try running it as a custom flash, or he has to re set up his laptop and use WinKFP.

Since he has to get his laptop going again, ask him to first change his identifier in CAS/FRM to show the car as a euro M3 and then see what xHP does.

• Agree
Reactions: RSL

Ant-3244

Lurker
Oct 17, 2018
Ride
335i
Since he has to get his laptop going again, ask him to first change his identifier in CAS/FRM to show the car as a euro M3 and then see what xHP does.

It's me he's talking about, are you wanting me to change the Identifier first to see if xhp sees it and uses the M3 ZB instead of the Stock 335i ZB ?

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
It's me he's talking about, are you wanting me to change the Identifier first to see if xhp sees it and uses the M3 ZB instead of the Stock 335i ZB ?

Yes. That was what I meant.

I was also curious about what I've read (I have no experience with xHP) about custom tune. It seemed implied that you could download your current bin and select it as your custom tune and then make flash changes (shift point, etc.) before flashing it back. Was curious if that's actually how it worked.

Well, damn, looks like they already added the disable creep option. That was the last option holding me back.
1594133395220.png

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
So what is left compared to the M3 GTS flash?
  • Cool looking shifter
  • Drive logic (fun but not necessary)

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
I doubt they'd change the product but a custom flash fixes it regardless.
Question after you custom flash can you then use the sliders to adjust. Ifnso were in business
Yeah, if the custom works, should be good, as long as it let's you override any checks.

I was going to suggest trying to spoof like done to flash the M3 software initially, but went to bed lol lf NoGuru flashed a 135 bin to 335 no problem, maybe the issue is more that M3 ZB isn't one for any of the supported cars (135, 335, Z4), so it defaults to flashing the stock ZB. Testing should narrow things down.

@NoGuru just to confirm, you still have the 135 ZB showing after the flash?

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
  • Cool looking shifter

I just drove the wife's car with the 8-speed, which I believe is the same GWS as our factory one. It felt like it would break. :( Definitely not as solid feeling as the M3 GWS. Man, that put me back on the fence again.

• Sad
Reactions: azshantris

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
2011 135i N55 DCT GTX1000
Saw today that they updated the app. Apparently peoples custom settings (particularly for launch control rpm) were not actually doing anything and they added a box to check for "Flash with settings" so that your options in the sliders would actually apply.
That may get us closer to seeing how and what applies.
I have to imagine the formulas for many of those things ie final drive and line pressure are relatively the same code. But then again, they may be vastly different!

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
It was in the manual, but not in the software... Soon, I hope.
I saw the comment yesterday on their Facebook where someone asked for that and explained why and they said they would add it. That's pretty fast feedback.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
but i thought gts software has it. i guess just no pressure on clutch when standsteel and pwg =0.
All M3s have it, plus 2 secs of drive off/hill assist (holds brakes until timer ends or pwg +). Engagment is likely tied brake pedal/light switch on non-M DCTs. That's all going to effect LC too, but may not be that big a deal.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
  • Cool looking shifter

Another feature on M3s is if you pull both paddle at once it goes to neutral.<this doesn’t exist. I checked
if true, rev the engine and pull up paddle to do a burnout would be a good feature to have for drag guys. The ability to use an M3 DSC is already a thing. M3 KOMBI with large readout.. ? Yeah I gotta sell my M3 stuff while it’s still worth something. All of this is software ....

Last edited:

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
Another feature on M3s is if you pull both paddle at once it goes to neutral.<this doesn’t exist. I checked
if true, rev the engine and pull up paddle to do a burnout would be a good feature to have for drag guys. The ability to use an M3 DSC is already a thing. M3 KOMBI with large readout.. ? Yeah I gotta sell my M3 stuff while it’s still worth something. All of this is software ....
Whoa whoa whoa wait that's a thing for M cars?? I didn't know that. Anybody tried pulling paddles with GTS flash? I'm gonna have to try that tonight

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Whoa whoa whoa wait that's a thing for M cars?? I didn't know that. Anybody tried pulling paddles with GTS flash? I'm gonna have to try that tonight
Someone mentioned it but I’ve since checked it and it’s NOT a thing... sorry for the confusion