XHP DCT - Experience Thread

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
hey guys long time reader some great infomation here i have 2011 bmw 335is dct FBO vargas frb-lites running a trebila bef. Rear end is i guess youd say FBO solid subframe bushings LSD etc.. been using the xhp stage 3 with default settings. xhp has done update for the custom maps for D and S wondering if anyone on here with similiar fbos has any settings recommendations to get the shifting a little more connected with the tune (snappy) lets say

thanks again
From what I have seen every car responds different to changes with xHP. But if you wanted it to feel more snappy I would increase Torque punch 1 at a time because they can get very punchy.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
hey guys long time reader some great infomation here i have 2011 bmw 335is dct FBO vargas frb-lites running a trebila bef. Rear end is i guess youd say FBO solid subframe bushings LSD etc.. been using the xhp stage 3 with default settings. xhp has done update for the custom maps for D and S wondering if anyone on here with similiar fbos has any settings recommendations to get the shifting a little more connected with the tune (snappy) lets say

thanks again
I don't think there's much improvement to be made with the sliders in xHP, the OTS maps are set up pretty well. The biggest influence on how the DCT shifts is from the DME. Post a log of some WOT shifts.

dctiS

Sep 15, 2021

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
hey guys thank you for the quick replies. heres a log on my old set up custom flash and vvt stage 1s with td04 center and billet wheels
That's not really a great log, you have a lot timing corrections and fuel trims are flatlining.

I would work on getting a clean log before looking at shifts. STFT below +/-5% and minimal corrections. You might have to step the boost back a few PSI and build up slowly.

You can't tell the entire story from a DME log but you want to see timing only dip for 1 scan cycle, any more and the shift is not completing properly. The rest has to be done by feel really. xHP is well configured but only when the reported torque is accurate, with the JB4 or even with flash only boost scaling you will start to lose accuracy.

MHD released an update recently so that DCT users can now target the full 21.3PSI that MBoost allows. So you should speak with your tuner about reporting load more accurately.

Reactions: WedgePerformance

dctiS

Sep 15, 2021
sounds like a plan. octane is a limiting factor, i do have a methonal kit going in shortly when have some time.

thank you again

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Anyone tried flashing to M3 on their non-M yet? I'd be happy if it would just flash calibration updates for M3 in non-M. Working directly with bin would definitely be easier than 0da.
More than a year later, anyone try/do this yet? I just flashed back to M3 bin via WinKFP and reinstalled MGWS.

Using XHP to flash only custom calibrations on M3 bin would make life a lot easier.

Motown65

Lurker
Sep 12, 2022
Any one figure out how to get rid of the 2048 limiter? I'm only getting it on my 1-2 shift.
f82 dct

Last edited:

wacko289

Sep 25, 2022
Ride
2009 BMW Z4 35i, 2015 BMW 335i
I use the Stage 4 xHP tune on my 335i with ZF8 and it's fantastic for the track in S + Sport+ mode and other modes still work very well for the street. I now have a Z4 with a DCT and I would like to have a similar Stage 4 tune for the track but it doesn't exist in OTS maps. Is there someone on this forum who could create this type of mapping for the E89 Z4 DCT? I was talking to Olza but he seems to have gone AFK for now.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I'd hold on for the moment. The GTS software is being ported over for the Z4.

The GTS software really transforms the BMW DCT, it feels like a different gearbox. I'd put it on par with the PDK boxes.

I've had the xHP stage 3 on my car since release but after trying the GTS software I've got no intention of ever going back.

• Agree
Reactions: RSL

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
I'd hold on for the moment. The GTS software is being ported over for the Z4.

The GTS software really transforms the BMW DCT, it feels like a different gearbox. I'd put it on par with the PDK boxes.

I've had the xHP stage 3 on my car since release but after trying the GTS software I've got no intention of ever going back.
Well you definitely have my attention haha.

But how did you flash it? Is there a bin or file I can flash using xHP to my stock DCT?

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Nope, forget about xHP, it's all done with WinKFP.

It's not finished yet, needs refining as there are small issues with mode selection that we are ironing out. Olza is doing all the work on it and I'm just testing on my vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: wheela

wacko289

Sep 25, 2022
Ride
2009 BMW Z4 35i, 2015 BMW 335i
Nope, forget about xHP, it's all done with WinKFP.

It's not finished yet, needs refining as there are small issues with mode selection that we are ironing out. Olza is doing all the work on it and I'm just testing on my vehicles.
This is great news, what is the best way to monitor progress on this? Looking forward to this for the Z4!

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
This is great news, what is the best way to monitor progress on this? Looking forward to this for the Z4!
There's no ongoing progress report. I've been using it for a couple of months and it works great, I'd expect to see Olza selling it before Christmas.

Reactions: houtan