XHP DCT - Experience Thread

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
No Sir. This havent's happened before, not even with higher power than with what I am currently running.
Wow. That sucks. Looks like you went from auto shifting to permanent manual mode!

Have you reached out to XHP?

E92-Ghandi

Corporal
Feb 25, 2018
Ride
2010 335i e92 DCT
Hey, im just curious if anyone tried to change diff ratio with xhp yet? We've been thinking about fitting 3.08 lsd to my mates car, and just wondering how this option works.

Aswell if anyone has some experience with that ratio in dct, would like to hear any comments.
Thanks.
I sent them an email couple of weeks back asking about the same, this is what they replied:

"quote"
thats correct. You can fit the M3 diff and then change the ratio in the app and you will be fine again ;)

Yes and then you have to reflash the OTS Map with the custom settings applied
"un-quote"

Dagumpf

Lurker
May 4, 2019
Ride
BMW E93 N54 DCT
Hi everyone! I have installed XHP software and all pareas to have been working fine. So far IO like the software, but have someone experienced gear not up shifting at high RPM with lot of power? I have had gear "locked" on 4th gear when attempting to shift to 5th gear at high rpm (over 6200 rpm) and when car is going with lot of power (26 psi of boost). This has happened to me twice. Have you heard this happened to someone else. Any advises??
In all of my experimenting I have never experienced this, although I'm only at 26psi to 5000 rpm, down to about 22psi at 6000 rpm. However, I do know the TCU is extremely fidigity if you aren't reporting the correct torque values, even if you use the corrections given in the xHP software.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
In all of my experimenting I have never experienced this, although I'm only at 26psi to 5000 rpm, down to about 22psi at 6000 rpm. However, I do know the TCU is extremely fidigity if you aren't reporting the correct torque values, even if you use the corrections given in the xHP software.

Just today I experienced some weird shift. During a pull I shifted early at ~5.8k RPM and it did not want to shift for a fraction of a second and then shifted and it felt like power was gone.

Log shows that DME requested a Lower Boost Target during this event and activated Tq Limiter 4 and after that 1. I don´t know what happened.

1600256220588.png

Dagumpf

Lurker
May 4, 2019
Ride
BMW E93 N54 DCT
As far as I can tell it does that when not enough torque is pulled prior during the gear shift, and the rpms between the box and the engine is not accurately enough aligned, so then throttle is properly pulled (if you add throttle to the graph) to match speeds, and this all leads to a very slow gear shift. To avoid this, you have to get the DME reporting the correct torque to the TCU. It's the only way I got it right, the sliders provided by xHP didn't help me.

Reactions: JohnDaviz

Dagumpf

Lurker
May 4, 2019
Ride
BMW E93 N54 DCT
@RayBan, it would be extremely hepful to actually understand the logic/science/workings/math behind the Torque Reduction and Torque Punch when tuning, how these interact with the torque being reported to the TCU by the DME, etc. Any chance to get some detail on this?

Reactions: v.i.335is

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
As far as I can tell it does that when not enough torque is pulled prior during the gear shift, and the rpms between the box and the engine is not accurately enough aligned, so then throttle is properly pulled (if you add throttle to the graph) to match speeds, and this all leads to a very slow gear shift. To avoid this, you have to get the DME reporting the correct torque to the TCU. It's the only way I got it right, the sliders provided by xHP didn't help me.

Thank you for confirming my suspicion. I already prepared an xhp flash with increased torque reduction.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Just checking in for any updates since it’s been a few weeks.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Interesting. I got so much negative feedback from XHP that brake shifting is too aggressive and suddenly in v1.2 they reduces aggressiveness ...

Excited how it´ll work though.

Reactions: houtan

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Only drove it 12 miles so far but I would say the down shift is very marginally better, almost not even noticeable.

I think my torque punch is set to 5 so I might try to reduce it there.

Reactions: houtan

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
I am excited to see improvements in xHP... Still blowing my mind that we can tweak the behaviors in the DCT now.

Still wish I could use it on my M3 swapped DCT... hoping someday.

Sharas_v6

Oct 7, 2020
I was very excited when I saw this come around and kind of disappointed when i read the thread :/.

Now has anyone tried running the stock map with just "options" changed? I am just looking to stop upshifts in manual and change the diff ratios

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Do you or anyone else know what I would need to disable auto shift at redline? Can I just purchase the flasher and disable it in my stock bin? Or do I still need to purchase the map pack?
xhp is calling it true manual mode and as far as i understood it is only available through their map pack.
Now has anyone tried running the stock map with just "options" changed? I am just looking to stop upshifts in manual and change the diff ratios

Asked and answered

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I am excited to see improvements in xHP...

I would be more excited if the improvements actually would be optional in the flash settings. And also less the attitude when somebody actually gives critics and the answer is "it is supposed to be that way".
And sadly Stage 2 Features then again don´t have features I absolutely want. So I can actually only use V1.0 yet.. But I really pray that V1.2 will let me see some real improvements.
Some just don´t want ricer boy car feeling when using the car as a daily and get the feeling of a race car when braking towards a red light. These downshifts may be cool during racing but in D when driving absolutely normal?... Meh..

• Sad
Reactions: derekgates

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
That’s what “sports” button is meant for I thought but seems like the same maps are applied to D and S....Not good
@RayBan any plans to make the maps for various modes different

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Bummer, @JohnDaviz ... It is great that you are trying to improve the situation and trying to provide feedback. That is admirable.

My M3 rear end swap has been amazing for responsive DCT behavior. The only thing 'irritating me' is the behavior from stop (sudden surge of power instead of forward momentum), but the throttle sensitivity tables seem to be my fix.

I keep watching xHP in hopes to get closer to the full M3 swap so that I can recommend others do that INSTEAD of the hellish work that I did on my car.