Would anyone like to see the bomb 'Frankenturbo' Creator is making?

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
The volume is the short stop. The hpfp will still need to feed the accumulator as well as larger hoses. With the larger demand comes an increase in lp pumps and possible larger line. The shotgun makes a more simpler approach to increase pressure.

Reactions: Panzerfaust

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
I'm not getting my hopes up on a new HPFP that flows more, even the diesel guys run a belt driven CP3. :(
So going off from this post,why hasn't anyone come out with a injector(s) that can supply the fuel we need for our cars?obviously if it was easy then it would of been done,but really,cant we just take a injector and make the internals say little bigger for flow and calibrate them?dont mean anyone,someone with experience that knows how to bench test flow etc.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
So going off from this post,why hasn't anyone come out with a injector(s) that can supply the fuel we need for our cars?obviously if it was easy then it would of been done,but really,cant we just take a injector and make the internals say little bigger for flow and calibrate them?dont mean anyone,someone with experience that knows how to bench test flow etc.
While our injectors certainly haven't been known for their excellent design (as evidenced by 12+ revisions), I don't think they've ever been the issue with fuel supply have they? I was under the impression it was all in the actual fuel pumps, hence why shotgun setups perform so well and two 450 lpfp will let us hit so much HP.

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
While our injectors certainly haven't been known for their excellent design (as evidenced by 12+ revisions), I don't think they've ever been the issue with fuel supply have they? I was under the impression it was all in the actual fuel pumps, hence why shotgun setups perform so well and two 450 lpfp will let us hit so much HP.
Ok,thanks for clearing that up.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Our injectors can support well over 1000whp Tony has run 800whp on them they were designed to run the car away 72psi encase of hpfp failure. Problem is we take an injector and send 2800psi stock away wot then give it 1000 less psi and ask it to double flow since we're trying to run richer.

Reactions: Jerry_3:16

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
G29 HPFP is 350 bar. Anyone know what the specific setup is?

Filippo

boostE92d

Corporal
Jan 9, 2018
Houston TX
Ride
12 335is
I expect that like me he actually saw this setup and thought about adapting it for the fuel lines instead of just methanol injection.

link

The thing is why not just use a bigger fuel rail with the existing system or is that going to be too small?
The other thing is the costs look to be getting close to something like the shotgun setup or port injection so seems a bit of a wasted effort.
Plus, imagine having this on your car when some inexperienced mechanic does some work on your car and it ruptures and probably ignites.
3000 psi of gasoline will be spectacular.

What we need is either a better hpfp that can shift more volume or a cheaper way of running 2 of them than what is already available.
People have looked into a higher flowing hpfp. It's completely doable, and outrageously expensive. Think oem development, verses aftermarket answer. I hate to say it but you might be better off focusing on suspension than power.

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
People have looked into a higher flowing hpfp. It's completely doable, and outrageously expensive. Think oem development, verses aftermarket answer. I hate to say it but you might be better off focusing on suspension than power.

I already feed my engine with 7 meth nozzles. Gave up waiting for something else. Does me well for now.

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Some people are having good luck with the shotgun, at least for now. I just can't bring myself to give money to Tony. I wish he would have made products and never gotten on the forums.

:) I run GCs. A friend of mine had VTT stage 1s for years and they performed well. Looks like the GCs were a big problem but mine seem to be holding up.

Shotgun is not an option for me unfortunately. No E85 where I live so spraying meth is the only way to get the octane I need. But I don't mind as meth is a better fuel than ethanol.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
The fuel line does not have an air filled bladder you could compress to buffer fuel. It will just not work.
Funny enough, @doublespaces wondered a while back here if the reason our fuel rail is bigger than the inlet/outlets on the rail and injectors was so that the car could stabilize FP for a little while longer if the pump was struggling.

I'm curious if Doug saw the post and decided to expand on the idea or if he came across the same conclusion himself. Either way, I think the shotgun is a superior solution for a wide variety of reasons including safety, but it is interesting that this (seems to be) working to some degree.