Why didn’t anyone make a valve cover like this?

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Who here likes the idea of an aluminum VC, but isn’t totally pleased with the aesthetic results we received? I feel like the one VTT sources is so close to being an awesome VC, but just falls short. Tell me what you guys think of the idea below:

Grey - oem high pressure fuel lines
Red - oem oil cap location
Black - raise rocker cover to match height of cam gear cover
Blue - bolt on carbon fiber cover that follows the contour of the cam gear cover

AF856F9E-C537-4406-A766-F1E489F61F68.jpeg

The raised rocker cover would have valleys for each high pressure fuel line so they would be tucked.

The big catch, so to speak, would be adding in a custom harness from the DME box to the rear of the motor to run the wires from the back to keep the side of the carbon cover nice and flush to the side of the cover and to get all of the looming and wiring further out of sight.

Thoughts?

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
It would be nice but the cost of this is what stops most fabricators in their tracks.

Everybody wants it, but don't wants to pay for it.

I helped develop or developed products for this platform but unless your willing to work with china to lower cost you wont sell anything in volume.

The problem with china is they rip off the designs and sell it at a fraction of the cost and your stuck with huge R&D costs.

Now truly how much one would pay for a design like that as it wont be cheap and no one is going to make it if there is no profit in it for them.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
It would be nice but the cost of this is what stops most fabricators in their tracks.

Everybody wants it, but don't wants to pay for it.

I helped develop or developed products for this platform but unless your willing to work with china to lower cost you wont sell anything in volume.

The problem with china is they rip off the designs and sell it at a fraction of the cost and your stuck with huge R&D costs.

Now truly how much one would pay for a design like that as it wont be cheap and no one is going to make it if there is no profit in it for them.
I’m not disagreeing with you, but that doesn’t really answer the questions posed.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
What I'm trying to say, no one is going to make it just to expensive with limited sales.

This can be done in a way with the vtt cover already, I decided against covering the coils due to heat retention.

Wires can be tucked away with custom leads, hardwire the coils and a bit of perseverance.

20181204_224145.jpg

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
You can choose a colour combo to suit your car and/or choose wild candy colours.

Make the lines the centre piece of your rocker cover with drastic colour differences

You can anodize the rails and lines, sleeve or braid the hoses the only limitation is your creativity.

For example I was toying with these

Ferrari red rock coat engine cover with polished rails and lines

or

Fluro green with wet look clear coat rocker cover with black anodized rails and lines.

I'm toying with the idea of a titanium look manifold or the real thing.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Give me a solid model and I'll make it for you.
There lies the hard part! I’ve got a local machine shop that would likely give me a good price since I’ve given them tens of thousands of dollars worth of work through my work. I have a scan of the oem cover on a drive somewhere. I just never spent enough time learning how to work with the scan data in our modeling software to make anything happen with it.