What's with all these cheap "index 12" injectors on ebay?

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Someone bought the intermotor Advance Autoparts injectors. They are $138 and you can usually get 20 - 25% off with a coupon. They posted pics and of course the index was blacked out, but I think they said they were index 11s at least. I had called Intermotor to get more info on these are they are listed as "new" but they guy didn't seem to know what I was even talking about, and just said, "yeah, it says right here they are new."

I haven't seen any feedback yet on running them, but at around 100 bucks and injector, it might be worth trying. They said they came with new seals and metal caps too.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
What do you know that we dont? You realize that there is no difference between the 937 and 079 index 12s, besides the fact that one is strictly for warranty replacements and the other is for anyone to freely purchase

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/difference-between-direct-fuel-injector-13538648937-and-13538616079

is fcp euro also lying in an effort to clear their backlog of "old" 937s?

You're right they are exactly the same. I never claimed to know anything exclusive, the PNs and the whole warranty vs. retail stuff was pretty confusing for everyone.

Matt from ZNM Performance claimed the 079s didn't have the internal material updates as the 937s which is BS. He was booted from at least one N5x page on Facebook for spreading misinformation.

Last edited:

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
Someone bought the intermotor Advance Autoparts injectors. They are $138 and you can usually get 20 - 25% off with a coupon. They posted pics and of course the index was blacked out, but I think they said they were index 11s at least. I had called Intermotor to get more info on these are they are listed as "new" but they guy didn't seem to know what I was even talking about, and just said, "yeah, it says right here they are new."

I haven't seen any feedback yet on running them, but at around 100 bucks and injector, it might be worth trying. They said they came with new seals and metal caps too.

Got a link? I checked advanced auto just now and the cheap injectors take me to a 404. They also have VDO injectors at $235 each that's probably what everyone else is selling.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Matt from ZNM Performance claimed the 079s didn't have the internal material updates as the 937s which is BS. He was booted from at least one N5x page on Facebook for spreading misinformation.

This is certainly true based on information at the time. I would have said the same thing and it has in fact been stated in the other injector thread about 937s going away. There is nothing wrong with making that claim. The internal filter was improved to withstand the heat and the improvement made it too the current line of injectors.