What tires? 600whp+

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
The 720 is just a uhp your and not a race tire. Its really odd that the us site doesn't show any the tires, while the aus has a whole section dedicated to it.

rev210

Corporal
Feb 24, 2019
Ride
335i - 08 Coupe .
Yes the 720 is more UHP , better wear rating . there is a secret sauce version of the 720 developed for the Viper ACR . It has a solid cult like reputation for events - (lets face it , it's on the ACR Viper) but, it's only in pretty wide sizes and 19 inch. Reviews will tell you the story. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...014-opinions-please-on-v720-acr-vs-r888r.html

If you search around the forums (like corvette) I noticed there are folk running the V700s so I am guessing its like Australia, you need to special order them. They aren't like a normal tyre order as you need to specify soft/medium or hard compounds.

Last edited:

rev210

Corporal
Feb 24, 2019
Ride
335i - 08 Coupe .
Just an update on the rain and wet road performance of the v70a . They are really good. Even brisk accelleration from a start was ok, on the draggy i was getting mid to high 4 second 0-100kmh in the rain. Not what I'd expect from a track tyre. They are wearing pretty quick though all the same

shahidak

May 1, 2023
I've been in a similar situation with my own car and have been considering the same tire options as you. I've heard good things about the Toyo R888R, and it seems to be a popular choice among the high-horsepower crowd. I've also heard good things about the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, which might be a good option for street driving. Have you looked into the Continental ExtremeContact Sport? I've heard they're a good all-around performance tire.
I recently discovered a tire size calculator, TireSizesCalculator.com, that's been really helpful in comparing different tire sizes and seeing how they'll fit on my car. It's definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.
As for off-brand tires, I'm always a bit hesitant to try them out without hearing good reviews from other enthusiasts. I don't want to risk sacrificing performance or safety just to save a bit of money. But if you find one that performs well and doesn't look too "ricey," let us know!

Last edited:

rev210

Corporal
Feb 24, 2019
Ride
335i - 08 Coupe .
My current setup is Nitto 555r extreme drag radials on the back 285 18s. Once again , excellent in the wet for what they are , so can be daily driven. With some heat in them they hook well on the street at street inflation pressures and at the drag strip will give sub 1.6 60ft . Sidewalls are pretty stiff, so cornering isn't completely horrible either.
I have similar reports from Raiden Hero drag radials, have very similar tread pattern to the Nitto. May give them a try next.

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus