matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
***** Supported Models *****
All BMW EDC16 diesel engines of E6X, E9X, E87, E70

Seems like they are just selling canned tunes for diesels

Wow...still, this appears extremely dangerous for normal people to mess with if it's actually changing engine parameters.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Im still pissed they switched to a year to year price vs the one price paid for coding. I bet they lost a lot of people over that dumb decision. And this may be another way for them to try and recoup money lost. Oh well. Time for manual coding with a craptop.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Im still pissed they switched to a year to year price vs the one price paid for coding. I bet they lost a lot of people over that dumb decision. And this may be another way for them to try and recoup money lost. Oh well. Time for manual coding with a craptop.

Yeah...fuck that greedy bullshit.

Bnks334

Lieutenant
Dec 1, 2016
New York
OK... now we are getting really weird now... What's going on here folks?

https://www.mycarly.com/product/carly-bmw-tuning-app/

Is Carly selling an app for normal people to tune their cars? Or is this their version of MHD?

This looks like catastrophe waiting to bear fruit.

VT

Did they crack late model E-series? That is the real question :p I don't see compatibility listed anywhere.

Carly was never that great of an app for English users. It has always been a German first/English translated second app. That was always my main issue with it. The connection interface also went to shit for a while. They basically force you to buy their adapter now.

N54gasm

Sergeant
Feb 6, 2017
New Freedom
www.spoolnmotorsports.com
Ride
2008 BMW 135i

For new customer's yeah, existing ones before the switch are still under the old (one time payment).

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
For new customer's yeah, existing ones before the switch are still under the old (one time payment).

Thank goodness. But it's a grayed out icon now, making it look like it's disabled, and it gets no updates right?

Optigrab

Corporal
Sep 19, 2018
Ride
08 135i
Thank goodness. But it's a grayed out icon now, making it look like it's disabled, and it gets no updates right?

on android it will not let you use the app unless it is up to date not sure aboot IOS

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I used it a month ago and it worked...I had to click thorugh a bunch of crap, yes I know it's the old version, no I don't want to upgrade to new application(not version), no I don't want to use Bluetooth I have a dmn coding cable, etc. It took a few seconds but it worked finally.

I think the new carly is a separate app. So the old one will just get no updates but still be able to be used.

Who ever made that app must be rolling in the $$$

• Informative
Reactions: DCook

N54gasm

Sergeant
Feb 6, 2017
New Freedom
www.spoolnmotorsports.com
Ride
2008 BMW 135i

Yeah, need to download the new version and it should link to your account and be good to go.

Not for me. Ive had it since 2014 and it tells me to pay.

Shouldnt. If so contact them. For me, it was seamless, downloaded the new version and it auto linked to my old account and I havnt paid.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Yeah, need to download the new version and it should link to your account and be good to go.

Shouldnt. If so contact them. For me, it was seamless, downloaded the new version and it auto linked to my old account and I havnt paid.

Thanks for the right info!

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Apparently you have to go into settings and do a manual migration to full. At least i had to, it didnt auto update. If anyone else was having issues. Just type in play store email and she works. Odd, but hey who cares lol.

Crystalline

Lurker
Sep 24, 2018
AZ
Ride
E90 335i
Apparently you have to go into settings and do a manual migration to full. At least i had to, it didnt auto update. If anyone else was having issues. Just type in play store email and she works. Odd, but hey who cares lol.

I couldn't get mine to auto update or manually migrate (a few months ago) when they made the app switch. I had to email them directly. Carly fixed it within a few days. Didn't have to pay for anything additional.