VTT/Rebello Sleeved N54 Engine progam

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
What's up, guys. Just wanted to post a picture of the new VTT/Rebello Sleeved N54 engines we have coming out at some point in 2018. We took delivery our first engine yesterday and will be assembling it with a Rebello ported head, with either Schrick High Lifts or Cat Race cams. This particular engine is running CP Stock compression pistons (We now run all our motors at stock compression) fully coated side skirts, thermal coated domes, Manley Turbo Tuff I-beam rods, ARP mains studs, ARP Rod bolts, coated rod, and main bearings, custom sleeves designed by Rebello for the N54. This eliminates the need for a closed deck insert, as the blocks are machined for the sleeve all the way down, the sleeves are then fit to the block. This strengthens the block the length of the bore, NOT just the very top of it. It also means no loss of cooling, with the closed deck insert.

We will be torture testing this motor, and we have one more coming for the Nizpro AT car. Once we have run them and done our testing, we will announce pricing, options etc.

Keep in mind, we do not specialize in selling engines. We are doing this because of the numerous problems we had with the built motors we were sold, and the general lack of quality N54 engine builds on the market. The list of stories about failed built motors is long, we get emails about it all the time. Since we made it known we were working with Rebello, they field calls all the time from people with failed built motors looking for something more reliable. This lead us to start this program.

We look forward to getting your guys more info as we move along!

VTT Team

IMG_4615.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
I'm happy to see this. As the N54 platform gets more affordable, people are comfortable throwing big power at these cars. I think we will start to see more failed engines than ever before, pretty soon. It's good to have competition in this area, and a variety of options to choose from.

I know I'll be looking for a built motor sometime in the future. I'm on a junkyard motor right now, but I know it won't last forever.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I'm happy to see this. As the N54 platform gets more affordable, people are comfortable throwing big power at these cars. I think we will start to see more failed engines than ever before, pretty soon. It's good to have competition in this area, and a variety of options to choose from.

I know I'll be looking for a built motor sometime in the future. I'm on a junkyard motor right now, but I know it won't last forever.

Out of curiosity did you find your yard motor online?

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
Out of curiosity did you find your yard motor online?

Yes, but I was searching locally via carpart.com. There were a few good candidates on eBay, but I wanted to see the motor in person before purchasing it.

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
What's up, guys. Just wanted to post a picture of the new VTT/Rebello Sleeved N54 engines we have coming out at some point in 2018. We took delivery our first engine yesterday and will be assembling it with a Rebello ported head, with either Schrick High Lifts or Cat Race cams. This particular engine is running CP Stock compression pistons (We now run all our motors at stock compression) fully coated side skirts, thermal coated domes, Manley Turbo Tuff I-beam rods, ARP mains studs, ARP Rod bolts, coated rod, and main bearings, custom sleeves designed by Rebello for the N54. This eliminates the need for a closed deck insert, as the blocks are machined for the sleeve all the way down, the sleeves are then fit to the block. This strengthens the block the length of the bore, NOT just the very top of it. It also means no loss of cooling, with the closed deck insert.

We will be torture testing this motor, and we have one more coming for the Nizpro AT car. Once we have run them and done our testing, we will announce pricing, options etc.

Keep in mind, we do not specialize in selling engines. We are doing this because of the numerous problems we had with the built motors we were sold, and the general lack of quality N54 engine builds on the market. The list of stories about failed built motors is long, we get emails about it all the time. Since we made it known we were working with Rebello, they field calls all the time from people with failed built motors looking for something more reliable. This lead us to start this program.

We look forward to getting your guys more info as we move along!

VTT Team

View attachment 8178

Turbo tuff rods!? When did they start making those for the n54? Or did you bribe them lol

Jhuff87

Apr 21, 2018
Ride
E90 335xi N54 6MT
Tony,

How’s the torture testing going? Curious to know when this will be publicly available..

Thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: JBacon335