DIY VTT Double Shotgun Installation

Itsbrokeagain

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Strong Island
Ride
E70 X5d, E39 528iT, E46 325xi
Thought I would chime in for anyone else doing the setup.

Install is going as I write this, spent the better part of two days moving/re-arranging things to get everything to play nice. I have one of the kits from the first production batch, went through a revision to avoid a stress fracture on the pump before I even installed it.

Next year I will be upgrading the factory fuel lines to tidy everything up but the kit plugs all together as specified. Even the short HPFP line bolted up with little issue,. I can see where people would be concerned as the line could be tight but even with the manifold on I can still push it around with my fingers and quite easily so.

I had Tony ship me the silcone coolant line and I didn't trim it at all, fit right in. Ran it across the top of the subframe and then snaked it under the power steering pump bracket, this way gives me the most room to avoid the pump pulley and from any other moving parts.

Getting the power steering cooler lines and the to/from lines from the reservoir to play nice was the hardest part. The dinan intake is installed on this car, which relocates the bottle slightly higher, putting tension on them out of the box. Throw the extra HPFP in the middle of it all and it took some creative bending/ twisting of the lines to keep them from chafing themselves apart.

Ran into a snag as my kit was missing the HPFP harness extension kit. We had originally went with a single, than upgraded to a double, then shipped it back for the revision so I'm assuming it got lost somewhere along the line. Hope I can get one ASAP but for now the car will run on one pump.

Stage 3 LPFP is in, once it's all ready to go, time for V8bait to work his magic.

Nosrok

Private
Jan 31, 2017
Just finished installing. Now I'm looking for the fuel maps for the aic controller. The install guide says download maps but it doesn't say from where. I've searched and haven't come up with anything. Does anyone have. Base map they can send me or a link to the maps.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Contact Tony and he will send you the one you need as there is a couple of different ones.

Also your going to need a custom flash as well.