Upgraded auto transmission

Narcosis

Corporal
Dec 14, 2016
Hudson, WI
Ride
F82
My '10 E92 xdrive with 92k miles uses the 6HP19Z transmission, which I fear is starting to show it's age as well as signs of wear & tear from the power which is being run through it. I'm on a quest over the winter to upgrade the transmission to something which will hold 600+ ft/lbs all day and all night. It's flashed to xHP stage 2. The 2-3 shift is long, and when engagement is achieved it hits hard, if that makes sense. The 3-4 shift is getting longer. As far as I can tell I'm not experiencing any slip.

Back in the day Level 10 was the place to go for a built automatic transmission, and evidently their quality and workmanship has gone downhill over the past number of years. So I'm asking the collective for input on a built transmission, not just which parts are recommended but a shop or reputable individual to do the work. I'd also entertain the purchase of a pre-built part if the option is available.

Thanks for your input.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
My '10 E92 xdrive with 92k miles uses the 6HP19Z transmission, which I fear is starting to show it's age as well as signs of wear & tear from the power which is being run through it. I'm on a quest over the winter to upgrade the transmission to something which will hold 600+ ft/lbs all day and all night. It's flashed to xHP stage 2. The 2-3 shift is long, and when engagement is achieved it hits hard, if that makes sense. The 3-4 shift is getting longer. As far as I can tell I'm not experiencing any slip.

Back in the day Level 10 was the place to go for a built automatic transmission, and evidently their quality and workmanship has gone downhill over the past number of years. So I'm asking the collective for input on a built transmission, not just which parts are recommended but a shop or reputable individual to do the work. I'd also entertain the purchase of a pre-built part if the option is available.

Thanks for your input.

Your transmission will likely not slip, rather it will begin to show shifting issues like shift engagement misbehaviors and finally not shifting into certain gears dependent upon they area of damage. And you may get the gear symbol with a gear ratio error message.

Your bushings will be the culprit. You will need to change bushings and perhaps do a VB sonnax update along with new filter and fluid and seals.

Unless you are 600 or over...your discs should not be burnt or worn...unless the tranny has never changed fluids.