Throttle closures - log linked

Potato

Lurker
Jun 17, 2017
Ride
E61 MT - 535XI w/ N54
Hey guys,

E61 N54, MHD stage 1, 91 octane. I keep getting throttle closures under full throttle. I can't get a good log because the closures but here is a short one:

http://datazap.me/u/potato/e61-n54?log=0&data=3-5-10-23-26-30&zoom=16-42

Any ideas?

Newer plugs, carbon cleaning, vacuum lines, injectors, coils. I do get a 30FF on occasion. I have pretty noticeable wastegate rattle. I turned off the MHD wastegate rattle fix and it did not seem to help the throttle closures.

Reactions: doublespaces
Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Before I got my 335xi, I had a 530xi and it was odd because cruising around was fine but, taking a turn aggressively or accelerating hard caused DSC failures. It turned out to be the tCase. I had to replace out of pocket.

Do you normally maintenance the differentials and trans?

If so, have you seen or noticed anything odd?

Potato

Lurker
Jun 17, 2017
Ride
E61 MT - 535XI w/ N54
I haven't done any maintenance on them.... I do have a bit of vibration under hard acceleration that my mechanic was not able to completely eliminate (we rebuilt the driveshaft & replaced the front axles). He thought it might be flywheel related but wasn't sure. Perhaps these are related...

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
I haven't done any maintenance on them.... I do have a bit of vibration under hard acceleration that my mechanic was not able to completely eliminate (we rebuilt the driveshaft & replaced the front axles). He thought it might be flywheel related but wasn't sure. Perhaps these are related...

With everything off.. you should only get limited power if it thinks that it would ultimately save the DSC or 4x4 system. Kind of like an emergency kill switch you could say.. but, drive around normally but, cut the DSC off (DTC one click) just to see if anything occurs. You don't need to consistently keep it off but, just to see if any other signs occur.

Also, any clunking or anything when slowing down a lot?

Potato

Lurker
Jun 17, 2017
Ride
E61 MT - 535XI w/ N54
It does seem like something is intervening "as a last resort". I will try driving around after pressing the DTC button once to see if I notice anything.

I don't recall any clunking.