Supertech or ferrea valve train?

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I think about 6 months on Maxxecu, I dont I have somebody tune it and I’m learning as I go to. Any changes I do we discuss first lol I have factory 6 speed. So much fun!
I definitely would not be opposed to getting another manual transmission and revving it out to 8k all the time

Reactions: Torgus and STE92

STE92

Corporal
Mar 3, 2017
Ride
E92
You wont regret it, makes the car so much fun to drive. Xclutch and rtd shifter, you going fall in love with the car all over lol

Jern54

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2019
Netherlands
Ride
E91 N54 335i
Yeah 3.85 is way to high for a dct in my opinion unless its a strict drag race car. Both dcts are really strong and with clutches and a basket should take all the power. On a forged engine stock dme is a bit of a limitation in my opinion
Main reason to swap is to run a single O2 sensor lol

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
You wont regret it, makes the car so much fun to drive. Xclutch and rtd shifter, you going fall in love with the car all over lol
Rocking a spec twin disk and the tall rtd lever its so much fun I just want more potential from The setup is all

Reactions: STE92

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Main reason to swap is to run a single O2 sensor lol
Hahaha I mean personally I've never had 02 sensor issues thankfully. So do you just run a single 02 sensor in the downpipe ? I will have my local fabricator make me a new manifold anyways for the e90. The one attraction I had to the haltech was I was wanting to use the new turbosmart e gate

STE92

Corporal
Mar 3, 2017
Ride
E92
Just one about 6-8 inches from turbo. I always had mixed issues with o2… some lasted more than others. Single o2 is nice and so far no issues as is removed away from that extreme heat. Also added egts in cyl is definitely a huge bonus.

I been hearing mixed reviews on the e/wg front. I know maxx is working on that also for a future feature. Haltech definitely an amazing standalone.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Just one about 6-8 inches from turbo. I always had mixed issues with o2… some lasted more than others. Single o2 is nice and so far no issues as is removed away from that extreme heat. Also added egts in cyl is definitely a huge bonus.

I been hearing mixed reviews on the e/wg front. I know maxx is working on that also for a future feature. Haltech definitely an amazing standalone.
Are there external outputs for fuel pumps? Because the reason I had to temporarily abandon my e90 project is that the car would not maintain fuel pressure no matter what I did. Changed the whole fuel system cleaned everything out car just took a shit on me so I swapped my whole setup back to my e93 and it worked as it should've. Tried everything from an external fpr to a brand new stock fpr nothing helped

STE92

Corporal
Mar 3, 2017
Ride
E92
Yes… their are all kind outputs you can run. I have my main pump pwm like factory and secondary comes on and off at preset boost. The factory in-tank fuel system definitely less than desirable, definitley a few things u can do to keep the saddle system happy while eliminating the choke point of the fuel system.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Yes… their are all kind outputs you can run. I have my main pump pwm like factory and secondary comes on and off at preset boost. The factory in-tank fuel system definitely less than desirable, definitley a few things u can do to keep the saddle system happy while eliminating the choke point of the fuel system.
Ohhh the saddle bag will be going and getting replaced by like a 10-12 gallon fuel cell in the trunk

• Love
Reactions: Torgus and STE92