subframe dropped, motor mounts, what else...?

ldyzluvdis06

Private
Dec 2, 2016
Illinois
going to be dropping the subframe and installing the mounts within a week or so, will probably go ahead notch the subframe while im at it just to be same.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I have an 07 335i and my power steering pulley hit my frame so i looked into the problem to see if i qualified to have new subframe installed but i didnt. I believe the sib ended in 2010 or something so i just got an aluminum pulley and called it a day.

I heard the argument that the pulley might not break if its metal and something else might break instead. I've got the pulley too...Its just sitting in my garage because I didn't feel like replacing something that wasn't broken at the time.

blastermaster

Nov 17, 2016
USA
It was an uncommon bulletin on early cars IIRC

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11957&highlight=serpentine+belt

and this bulletin:

SIB 11 09 08

The models listed above utilize a single serpentine drive belt for the power steering pump, alternator, and air conditioner compressor. During normal driving, the front engine mounts allow the engine to move slightly on the front axle carrier. However, under extreme conditions, such as driving at high rates of speed over curbs or speed bumps, the engine movement can result in the serpentine belt or power steering pump pulley contacting the front engine carrier. If this occurs, the belt and/or pump pulley could be damaged.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I heard the new subframe is notched.

I ordered the 335is mount for the passenger side but never installed it.

Since the 034 mounts seem to be good, I'll just install them instead.
The sib is from 2008.. So if you are after that new parts will be implemented and superseded