Sound Deaden the subwoofers and surrounding rear trim panel

Lurcher

Sergeant
Apr 6, 2018
Dallas, TX but soon to be Cocoa Beach FL
Ride
2012 z4
There is some wind moving around in the area behind those speakers, as evident by the center speaker panel popping out (for those of us without speakers there), when exceeding the speed limit. Mine usually popped out around ~110-120mph and went flying. I stuffed some polyfill in there to limit the airflow, you may want to do that behind those rear-side speakers as well. I'll have to pay attention to any specific sounds coming from that corner, as it would seem louder just due to the tire being closer to your ear.

I'm also running a solid plexiglass windscreen that may be affecting that as well.

Lurcher

Sergeant
Apr 6, 2018
Dallas, TX but soon to be Cocoa Beach FL
Ride
2012 z4
107 yesterday and it popped loose, even with some added velcro. I may have to pop a speaker in there just to stop the air moving. I have a feeling it's more of a suction affect though from the front side than air pressure pushing it out. Anything I have behind my seats (hats/jacket) decide to come out above those speeds as well (with the top down).

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Maybe due to the solid screen?

I use the net and have no issues with stuff flying around behind the seats. Hats, shirts... no movement at all.