Datalog Something is going on with my N54

BSlothed

Private
Jan 21, 2023
Yes, exhaust blockage would certainly be a cause.
Checked exhaust and there's no issues... I'm actually out of things to do, it almost feels as if it's being restricted because believe it or not, it's actually very hard to get it into high RPM's, it feels really sluggish and feels like I'm hurting the engine when I push past 5k... Anything that may cause that?

daddyw00d

Dec 21, 2022
Checked exhaust and there's no issues... I'm actually out of things to do, it almost feels as if it's being restricted because believe it or not, it's actually very hard to get it into high RPM's, it feels really sluggish and feels like I'm hurting the engine when I push past 5k... Anything that may cause that?
vanos maybe

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Are you sure the misfires/cuts your feeling aren't just throttle closures? Everytime my car would overshoot boost target it would cut and it feels and sounds like a misfire.

BSlothed

Private
Jan 21, 2023
Are you sure the misfires/cuts your feeling aren't just throttle closures? Everytime my car would overshoot boost target it would cut and it feels and sounds like a misfire.
Nah it's definitely not that, it feels pretty lack luster every day and everytime it starts up on a cold start, it misfires like a dog for 2 minutes until the car idles to it's normal idle RPM.
But I may of found the issue, I'm getting Exhaust vanos errors now with a 3100 code after doing my valve cover gasket and repairing a vacuum leak. Wonder if it's triggered my issue

image0.png

BSlothed

Private
Jan 21, 2023
vanos maybe
Yeah you may be on the money, look at my recent reply to slowestN54 on this thread, I've got a picture of my codes and it looks to be VANOS issue. But don't know why it got triggered after doing my valve cover gasket

miaonufrak

Mar 22, 2023
ik i’m late to this. but i have an N54 too and i was getting that roughness. check your o2 sensors especially cuz you have that cat code. that was it for me :)

BSlothed

Private
Jan 21, 2023
ik i’m late to this. but i have an N54 too and i was getting that roughness. check your o2 sensors especially cuz you have that cat code. that was it for me :)
Hey Miaonufrak,

Oh never too late! But I had found the issue! It ended up being my VANOS on it's way out... Replaced that and now it feels WAYYYY faster, like not even comparable but had ran into another issue regarding timing but getting BMW with their lovely $280/hr labor to fix it as I only trust them 😂