single turbo th400 e82 drag build (RHD)

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
That CR is no problem on E85 nevermind Methanol!

I also have a 27mm whiteline fsb sitting in the garage.... :tearsofjoy:

I'll dig out the jb4 and and bluetooth and get back to you later in the week.

Reactions: nasty54

nasty54

Private
Sep 25, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
Bone stock 2009 135i e82
So been brain storming to myself ways to potentially run a smaller port injector like a 1650 for now and still flow enough for methanol without being too big to idle nicely on e85.
thinking of maybe running 6x 1650 direct port injection and then have a 7th 2000cc injector in the charge pipe post Intercooler that only triggers under high boost that way we are getting extra fuel and more charge cooling.

Not that it will be an issue when we are running straight meth but from memory @101duck the powerglide car in QLD oh rlly had issues with timing correction even running a large air to air Intercooler on e85 as iats were getting too high and he had a custom fabbed cooler slightly larger than mine. A 7th injector post Intercooler should 100% take care of that even on just e85 let alone meth.

I could be getting the above paragraph wrong but I think I remember reading that in his thread that iats were and issue

Reactions: jzx_andy

jzx_andy

Corporal
May 22, 2019
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
2008 E92 335i 6MT
Good luck with it mate, will need to meet up sometime once you've got her up and running. Are you going to keep the E82 on the street for as long as WAPOL allow it? If so, would love to see this thing out for a local N54 drive in the future.

nasty54

Private
Sep 25, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
Bone stock 2009 135i e82
Good luck with it mate, will need to meet up sometime once you've got her up and running. Are you going to keep the E82 on the street for as long as WAPOL allow it? If so, would love to see this thing out for a local N54 drive in the future.

She’s street registered and will stay that way unti Wapol says so haha.

Going to just run a rear exit exhaust and have some old e46 m sport rims with nankang AR1s for the street so she should still look like a sleeper except for when the mickeys are on the rear. Would love to join in a few local meets/cruises once she’s done

Last edited:

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
You could consider staged injectors (2x cylinder). Not uncommon for methanol set ups and alleviates the idle issue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS3N-psh7Rp/?utm_medium=copy_link

I wouldnt be keen on putting a lot of fuel upstream of the runners because fuel distribution is an unknown and when you go stand alone you will likely be running a single bank wideband, which means each cylinder could be a little more out than they otherwise would be monitoring 3 each.

The only tuning issues related to IAT are tuner solvable. I.e. ignition timing correction for IAT need to be set up for meth and or e85.

nasty54

Private
Sep 25, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
Bone stock 2009 135i e82
You could consider staged injectors (2x cylinder). Not uncommon for methanol set ups and alleviates the idle issue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS3N-psh7Rp/?utm_medium=copy_link

I wouldnt be keen on putting a lot of fuel upstream of the runners because fuel distribution is an unknown and when you go stand alone you will likely be running a single bank wideband, which means each cylinder could be a little more out than they otherwise would be monitoring 3 each.

The only tuning issues related to IAT are tuner solvable. I.e. ignition timing correction for IAT need to be set up for meth and or e85.

Fuel distribution was a concern with the charge pipe injection I had also.

Dual injectors per cylinder was another thought I’d had too and something I will very likely consider once I delete DI on a stand alone as I’ll need completely different sized injectors again. Reason putting me off it on this current set up is simply would rather not buy 12 injectors that will no longer be the correct size after I delete the 6 DI injectors and just becomes a lot double spending which I’m trying to avoid where possible.

Perhaps just a small shot in the 7th injector maybe the go for cooling and minor extra fuel more like a WMI set up. Perhaps 6x1650s might flow enough alone on methanol. I’m sure we’ll find out eventually 🤣

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Throwing around some numbers, I reckon the stock HPFP will only be good for say 200 to 300 dynojet whp on methanol. Since you wouldn't want to waste money there, that limits the DI to the same. If your end destination is over 1000hp on methanol then having one set of injectors supplying 500hp of methanol is the perfect combo with DI while on the stock block. Then you ditch DI and add the second set of injectors supplying the next 500. Running a set of injectors good for 500 whp on methanol will also idle well on e85 no problem. So no double spend needed but can delay the second set until its needed.

nasty54

Private
Sep 25, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
Bone stock 2009 135i e82
Throwing around some numbers, I reckon the stock HPFP will only be good for say 200 to 300 dynojet whp on methanol. Since you wouldn't want to waste money there, that limits the DI to the same. If your end destination is over 1000hp on methanol then having one set of injectors supplying 500hp of methanol is the perfect combo with DI while on the stock block. Then you ditch DI and add the second set of injectors supplying the next 500. Running a set of injectors good for 500 whp on methanol will also idle well on e85 no problem. So no double spend needed but can delay the second set until its needed.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking of doing when the the time comes to delete DI.

I think Bosch 1650s should flow the 500ish HP I need on methanol ontop of the the DI system. Esp if I add a 7th for just a small amount of supplementary fuel and some charge cooling and use similar to a WMI set up rather than just dumping a tonne of fuel so far form the runners.

Then when things get really serious a second set of 1650s on top should be plenty.

Cheer RAC, appreciate it.