RevDop Intake Box

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Here is a translation from Robin @ RevDop:

We are developing innovative, natural-looking intake systems for combustion engines to increase efficiency. One project relates to the optimization of the air filter box of the N54. The aim is to preserve an almost original look while optimizing the pressure drop in the system. This means less flow losses and higher efficiency (more power). More things will come in the right place for the next few days.

And here is a prototype:

download.jpg

RevDop

Aug 3, 2017
Hey guys, Im not Robin Im Mitko from RevDop. My english is not perfect. Robin and I´ll take a look from time to time to keep you up to date. Here are some basic information about our approach. In contrast to other tuners, it is not just about improving performance but by increasing the efficiency of the engine. We achieve this by removing flow resistors. Air filter boxes have pressure losses of up to 60% due to unfavorable geometries. This is very bad for the efficiency and has a lower performance, an increased fuel consumption and a higher pollutant emission. German Dieselgate leaves greet;). This pressure loss is reduced to a minimum by developing natural geometries for flow systems. As a result, the engine parts are less stressed, and the charge pressure is reached earlier. This makes the overall system more efficient. A good example is a river run on a 180 degree arc arch. Flow input and output are narrow. In the deflection we have an increase in the cross-section. Thus, the nature of pressure-loss-minimized systems is implemented. We transfer this principle to technical flow systems.
upload_2017-8-4_9-15-11.png

Would be cool if you would give us likes on our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/RevDop/

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Hey guys, Im not Robin Im Mitko from RevDop. My english is not perfect. Robin and I´ll take a look from time to time to keep you up to date. Here are some basic information about our approach. In contrast to other tuners, it is not just about improving performance but by increasing the efficiency of the engine. We achieve this by removing flow resistors. Air filter boxes have pressure losses of up to 60% due to unfavorable geometries. This is very bad for the efficiency and has a lower performance, an increased fuel consumption and a higher pollutant emission. German Dieselgate leaves greet;). This pressure loss is reduced to a minimum by developing natural geometries for flow systems. As a result, the engine parts are less stressed, and the charge pressure is reached earlier. This makes the overall system more efficient. A good example is a river run on a 180 degree arc arch. Flow input and output are narrow. In the deflection we have an increase in the cross-section. Thus, the nature of pressure-loss-minimized systems is implemented. We transfer this principle to technical flow systems.
View attachment 4663

Would be cool if you would give us likes on our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/RevDop/

Have you compared this to a standard dual cone intake? There is no airbox to restrict the air flow

RevDop

Aug 3, 2017
Can you elaborate on what filter you are using?

P.S. Mitko from Dimitar? :smiley:
We use the original filter because of its the best for the longlife of the motor. Mostly sport filter are better for the stream but they let more unwished particel to the motor.

Yes its a bulgarian name;). My father is from there.

Reactions: Zhelyazkov

mikeseli

Corporal
May 23, 2017
Ride
2009 BMW 335i
Any updates? How does it compare to a drop in cone filters? Price?

RevDop

Aug 3, 2017
Hey guys, sorry for the late feedback. And thank you very much for your interest in our development.

At present, we are working on a production-ready construction in order to be able to go into production as soon as possible. Therefore the production costs are not yet fixed, which makes it hard to make a statement at the final price. Also some uncertainties arise from the hard regulations when european companies export products to USA/Canada. We have to check it by suppliers and lawyers. This are only some influencing factors to the price. So we ask you to be patient. We will only take the original filter, cause it´s the best variant for protecting the engine. Maybe later we develop a higher performance variant. But for the moment it isn´t plant.

mikeseli wrote an additional question on Facebook. I will answer it here for all. The question was if we have looked in improving the inlets from the turbo to our intake? Yes we thought about it. But it would greatly increase the price of the product. Additional the high effort of installation and expansion would be a big problem for you as consumer. The effort bears no relation to the actual usefulness. Maybe later, if we see that the demand is high enough we will think about integration in a high performance variant.

I hope i could answer all of your open questions. Please excuse that it always takes so long.

Best regards
Mitko

cloud9blue

Sergeant
Oct 17, 2017
Ride
09 E92 335i
wow, finally, so it took a decade for people to finally figure out DCIs are shit for anything more than just one hard pull.