reset the adaptation values

geZZA

Oct 10, 2019
Ride
yes please
I have a 2008 X3 E83 2.0 SE Auto and have just recently had the gearbox rebuilt(but not mechatroic unit). I now have a harsh thump from 2-1 or coming to a complete stop, I have since the rebuild replaced all four tyre on the Car, my question is will resetting the adaptation values help with the 2-1 thumping, has any one had any experience of this with there car, my gearbox is zf6hp21x all wheel drive

I have downloaded INPA and I also purchased a K-DCAN switch just in-case. or does anyone have any other suggestions on a remedy
Thanks everyone inadvance

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I have a 2008 X3 E83 2.0 SE Auto and have just recently had the gearbox rebuilt(but not mechatroic unit). I now have a harsh thump from 2-1 or coming to a complete stop, I have since the rebuild replaced all four tyre on the Car, my question is will resetting the adaptation values help with the 2-1 thumping, has any one had any experience of this with there car, my gearbox is zf6hp21x all wheel drive

I have downloaded INPA and I also purchased a K-DCAN switch just in-case. or does anyone have any other suggestions on a remedy
Thanks everyone inadvance
If you search my threads I dealt with this and pulled my transmission 3 times after having it rebuilt. One is you need to reset adaptations and do relearn procedure. I changed solenoids again and it got way better. The prob is the car normally stays in 2 until complete stop and instead it drops into first while rolling. If when cold it doesn't happen then it's most likely square mech sleeve if all time reset adaptations if that doesn't fix you need change solenoids. Mine was perfect before rebuild and was told I got defective solenoid or seal but part of me wonders if trans was low on fluid after rebuild cause alot people say after day of driving they fit another half liter in and that's just dropping pan not cracking case.

geZZA

Oct 10, 2019
Ride
yes please
If you search my threads I dealt with this and pulled my transmission 3 times after having it rebuilt. One is you need to reset adaptations and do relearn procedure. I changed solenoids again and it got way better. The prob is the car normally stays in 2 until complete stop and instead it drops into first while rolling. If when cold it doesn't happen then it's most likely square mech sleeve if all time reset adaptations if that doesn't fix you need change solenoids. Mine was perfect before rebuild and was told I got defective solenoid or seal but part of me wonders if trans was low on fluid after rebuild cause alot people say after day of driving they fit another half liter in and that's just dropping pan not cracking case.
Thanks for the advice, is resetting the adaptations and doing a relearn(not that i know how yet) really hard thing to do, from what i read it seems to be quite a task, driving whilst also doing laptop stuff

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
Sounds way worse then really is and you can do with pro tools or standard tools. There driving part is best early in am on service rd or empty road it gets very frustrating when you try ferry people pass you and they keep stopping to ask what's wrong. I know they trying help but its like they know you really aren't stuck so they stop lmao

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I highly rec printing instructions cause once it clicks you do easy but at first having keep double checking speeds etc is really frustrating on a phone

geZZA

Oct 10, 2019
Ride
yes please
I highly rec printing instructions cause once it clicks you do easy but at first having keep double checking speeds etc is really frustrating on a phone
thanks for the advice, I ran INPA but not coneected to my car just ran it in my house, going through the menu after i select > "Transmission" , how do you know what type to choose...I thought it would be ZF or GM or something similar, but instead i only have two options ...GS8.xx or DXC gearbox my car is the E83 engine so i first chose f7, then transmission but after that i am lost

thanks

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
I've run on win 7 I know since rec a xp virtual machine but should be fine. X3 awd may be the gs8 one I know e92 and my f series x5 but I would ask @jayoma he will be able answer he has done alot of the mhd table discovery and programming or @RayBan he is the one who cracked the TCU and made xhp

geZZA

Oct 10, 2019
Ride
yes please
Thanks, for your help I finally got it going after reinstalling and yes G19 comes up on the list now...Q: if I reset values on the transmission but dont do the driving relearn part.. will it eventually relearn them anyway over time?

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
It will relearn but if you take that approach do yourself favor and keep throttle below 25 percent for at least 50 miles so not to damage anything.
It starts at zero and can go up or down 750mbar so just imagine how much extra force is applied if your trans is negative 300 mbsr on a clutch normally.

geZZA

Oct 10, 2019
Ride
yes please
It will relearn but if you take that approach do yourself favor and keep throttle below 25 percent for at least 50 miles so not to damage anything.
It starts at zero and can go up or down 750mbar so just imagine how much extra force is applied if your trans is negative 300 mbsr on a clutch normally.
think, I'll do the relearn then, thanks for the advice