N54 RB Ones Arrived

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Today's update.....nada. But my kids are driving me nuts.

Oh.... not an e60. But got my e46 vert back from body shop yesterday. It was hit by an uninsured driver back in November. Took out the rear drivers quarter panel.

Had them paint my mtech2 bumper as well. So, I did a fitment today. Waiting for the brake ducts before I bolt it on.

download (1).jpeg

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
I think I have everything I need sorted underneath the car done. Going to triple check it all.

Then the fun part of re attaching the subframe. Not fun on a car with dynamic crap.

Next time I'm getting a lift and just dropping the entire drivetrain. I'm getting to old for this squeezing under the car crap.

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
So, I have a vrsf intercooler and I need new inlet and outlet side hoses. I need new ones because the setup is different. I cut the ones that came in the kit to fit.

Now they are too short.

I contacted VRSF to see if I can buy replacements.

NOPE.

The hoses only come with the kit. 🤬

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
So, I have a vrsf intercooler and I need new inlet and outlet side hoses. I need new ones because the setup is different. I cut the ones that came in the kit to fit.

Now they are too short.

I contacted VRSF to see if I can buy replacements.

NOPE.

The hoses only come with the kit. 🤬
Buy these instead. Ran them on my 535i. Definitely help with flow

Edit nvm thats the E90 kit, contact them for the E60 ones.

• Love
Reactions: wheela and TheFixer

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Awesome sauce. Thank you!
Sorry, Hold upp that was the wrong link. That kit has the wrong hot side hose, shoot them a email for the correct kit for a 535i, it's not listed on their website for some reason. I thought it would be the same on closer inspection its wrong, my hoses came with my intercooler kit, hence i was slightly confused lol.

• Informative
Reactions: wheela

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Sorry, Hold upp that was the wrong link. That kit has the wrong hot side hose, shoot them a email for the correct kit for a 535i, it's not listed on their website for some reason. I thought it would be the same on closer inspection its wrong, my hoses came with my intercooler kit, hence i was slightly confused lol.
Hmmm..... I'll contact them and see what's available. VRSF sells separate hoses too..... but not for 535i. Can only get them with an intercooler.

Makes no sense at all to not offer hoses separately.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Hmmm..... I'll contact them and see what's available. VRSF sells separate hoses too..... but not for 535i. Can only get them with an intercooler.

Makes no sense at all to not offer hoses separately.

It is probably just low volume for him and not worth the hassle of stocking the parts separately. Not that it makes it right or good CS.

Last edited:

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
I'm still alive...... family life, kids out of school, wife out of school, home projects, camping, road trips, etc...... everything but getting the car knocked out.

Almost there. Subframe back up. Suspension and steering hooked back up.

Just some stuff up top to connect and the intercooler. Other little things. And a tune..... need a tune.

Those 74 ft lbs plus 90 degree turn bolts should just be called "keep turning until you can't no more". I'm sure if I was standing up, instead of on my back, it wouldn't be so bad.

Reactions: wheela

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Aye glad your doing well and alive. Your car sounds like it’s almost done. As for a Tune @carabuser did a killer job with my 535i. I had the RB oem billets.
I'm getting there. I miss the days where I could wrench on stuff 16 hours straight and just KITFO.

My neighbor is in the same boat with his e60 M5. He's putting a 6 speed manual in it. Been working on it since last August. To be fair he also gutted the interior as well and put a new one in.

I'll hit up @carabuser when I'm ready to go.

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Video or it didn't happen ;)

Congrats man!!!

Get a tune and let her rip!
Yeah yeah..... I'll make a video.

I did a dumb thing.

When I put a new expansion tank on.....a nice new bmw one..... I overlooked the blind cap. It didn't have one on it. So as I'm idling away....... car gets warm..... big splooge of blue coolant coming from that extra port.

So....I christened the car with coolant. Lol

Oh and of course the old tank with the cap on it was picked up by trash truck already.

Thankfully only $5.66 at the stealership.

• Funny
Reactions: Torgus