Pure stg2 log- high boost/low power

Msport335

Corporal
Jun 7, 2018
here's a log from latest revision on PS2 high flows.

94pump + 100% meth (1000cc nozzle)

https://datazap.me/u/msport335/pure-...og=2&data=3-22

hitting 29.5psi and timing ramps up from 10-12deg.

Car feels strong but i think i'm relying too much on virtual dyno to see where i'm at power wise as it shows right around the 600whp mark. my wgdc is at about 74%. once i switch over to e50/meth it doesn't look like ill have the headroom to be at 650+whp since all thats left on the table would most likely be 1psi of boost and maybe a couple degrees timing.

there is one Pure DD car which made 634whp at 26-27psi and his wgdc was right inline with mine.

is there a way to distinguish between DD's and high flows?

would like to hear some opinions

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I wonder if the DD dyno'd higher due to using DI only with the shotgun? Isn't DI more efficient/"better" than PI?

Edit: Has anyone (Hey @Chris@VargasTurboTech , this means you and Tony ;-) ) done any back to back testing between PI vs DI on the same setup? Just change out the auxillary fueling method? I know Tony runs DI up to 870+ WHP and uses some PI for "safety" but it would be interesting to see if there is a quantifiable difference in HP between the two fueling solutions.

Edit 2: I just noticed you are running meth. There is definitely a power difference (gain) to be had from running an Emix vs meth. This dyno shows the difference between cam2 and E85 (71%). No other changes, just the fuel.
upload_2018-6-20_10-56-36.png

Last edited:

Msport335

Corporal
Jun 7, 2018
I wonder if the DD dyno'd higher due to using DI only with the shotgun? Isn't DI more efficient/"better" than PI?

Edit: Has anyone (Hey @Chris@VargasTurboTech , this means you and Tony ;-) ) done any back to back testing between PI vs DI on the same setup? Just change out the auxillary fueling method? I know Tony runs DI up to 870+ WHP and uses some PI for "safety" but it would be interesting to see if there is a quantifiable difference in HP between the two fueling solutions.

Edit 2: I just noticed you are running meth. There is definitely a power difference (gain) to be had from running an Emix vs meth. This dyno shows the difference between cam2 and E85 (71%). No other changes, just the fuel.
View attachment 12483

Yes currently running pump 94 plus meth but almost maxed as far as boost at 29.5psi... when I switch over to e50/meth and add a couple degrees timing I just don't see that gaining 50+ whp unless I'm wrong

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Is there even a benefit to running meth on top of e50, unless you are using it as aux fueling instead of pi. How much power do you think you are making based on vdyno right now

Msport335

Corporal
Jun 7, 2018
Is there even a benefit to running meth on top of e50, unless you are using it as aux fueling instead of pi. How much power do you think you are making based on vdyno right now

its not ideal but yes i'm using the meth as additional fueling. VD says right at 605whp. i had it dialed in on my stock turbos and it was very accurate when my stock turbo setup dynoed at 440whp (dynojet)

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Are you using 3rd or 4th gear logs? THe faster your car, the higher the gear you'd want to get more accurate results. It gets a bit daunting doing 4th gear pulls just due to top speed and police, but it would also give you more log info.

Msport335

Corporal
Jun 7, 2018
Are you using 3rd or 4th gear logs? THe faster your car, the higher the gear you'd want to get more accurate results. It gets a bit daunting doing 4th gear pulls just due to top speed and police, but it would also give you more log info.

all pulls done in 3rd gear for VD

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Depends on the dynos as they will vary, but that has smoothing set to 0. Most will want to see smoothing set to "5". The dyno tech can greatly influence your dyno #s by changing values around. Pure DD are EXCELLENT turbos. I have them on my car. On E85 only, I still say its doubtful they make that kind of power at that level of boost. 615whp @25 psi is what Terry from BMS did with hi flows and around 600whp @ 24 psi. Steve from fuel it also has a dyno sheet out there and similar to Terrys I believe.

Msport335

Corporal
Jun 7, 2018
Depends on the dynos as they will vary, but that has smoothing set to 0. Most will want to see smoothing set to "5". The dyno tech can greatly influence your dyno #s by changing values around. Pure DD are EXCELLENT turbos. I have them on my car. On E85 only, I still say its doubtful they make that kind of power at that level of boost. 615whp @25 psi is what Terry from BMS did with hi flows and around 600whp @ 24 psi. Steve from fuel it also has a dyno sheet out there and similar to Terrys I believe.

i guess i'll just have to dyno to see where i'm really at... but at 29 psi i "should" be somewhere in the 650 range.

i will be on a worn drag radial which shouldn't rob me of much power as it did when i dynoed my stock turbo tune on them when they were new. 440whp (2016) on radials with no inlets ...then 440whp (2017) on new drag radials, inlets and more boost on the same dynojet....needless to say i was pretty disappointed lol

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
The Pure DD's iirc are like 550-600whp turbos at full tilt. The high flows i have gotten up to 700whp or so. Smoothing of zero typically increases power if the tune or dyno slippage causes spikes in acceleration. Smoothing of 5 is the norm for Dynojet correction factor and gives a good blend of smoothing and etc of the curve.