Pulling timing at 26psi. Can anyone tell what's wrong ?

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Hey,
So I went out for a night to do some pulls and my car seems to be pulling timing at 26psi. There are some pulls where it's fine and some other pulls where it goes crazy and pulls timing. I'm not very good at reading logs, is anyone able to tell what's wrong ?

berns

Corporal
Jan 15, 2018
Ride
'09 135i
Hey,
So I went out for a night to do some pulls and my car seems to be pulling timing at 26psi. There are some pulls where it's fine and some other pulls where it goes crazy and pulls timing. I'm not very good at reading logs, is anyone able to tell what's wrong ?

Would be easier to help you with some insight into your mods, conditions etc..
Also, who is tuning your car? You should start with your tuner.
Your timing looks messy.
Your boost target is 26psi and you're going over that pretty regularly which can pull timing too.
Your trims seem a bit far off from one another and not too happy.
With all these corrections it seems like you've got bad gas or too much boost/timing for the fuel you're using.

Reactions: twinturbos

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
Would be easier to help you with some insight into your mods, conditions etc..
Also, who is tuning your car? You should start with your tuner.
Your timing looks messy.
Your boost target is 26psi and you're going over that pretty regularly which can pull timing too.
Your trims seem a bit far off from one another and not too happy.
With all these corrections it seems like you've got bad gas or too much boost/timing for the fuel you're using.
Its a slightly modded ots mhd single turbo tune.
Running 6266bb docrace kit on 94 octane + 50/50wmi.
You need meth.
I am.

Reactions: Threetirtyfive

berns

Corporal
Jan 15, 2018
Ride
'09 135i
Its a slightly modded ots mhd single turbo tune.
Running 6266bb docrace kit on 94 octane + 50/50wmi.

I am.

I woudn't trust an OTS tune with your setup, as you're running meth, lots of boost and some pump gas.

You spent all this money on your car, on the turbo kit, everything, and you don't want to spend another 350-600 on dialing it in safely? Contact Ken @WedgePerformance and get it done. You'll feel a night and day difference in power and smoothness, and you won't need to worry if you're on the edge or not.
Until then, I'd turn boost down to 18psi and take another log to see how that looks compared.

Can't understand the logic here.

twinturbos

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2019
Ride
E92 335i MT
It's not about spending the money for the tune. It's about finding someone who's willing to tune the car with the stuff that's on it and that I'm comfortable with aka JB4. I also would like to be able to keep multiple maps.

• Funny
Reactions: MoistNapkin

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
May as well run 20 psi with good timing rather than 26 with timing pulls all over the place and fuel trims out of whack. Staying on it when the car is shouting stop is one reason alot of these cars don't last long. You want clean timing before you progress to more and more boost or timing.

135itp

Private
Dec 6, 2018
Ride
09 135i n54 AT
This is your limit (22psi) with the current fuel you have, even 1psi less might clean it up more and give you some flexibility with different weather conditions. You can try 100% meth or add some E85 if you have it available, increase boost and see what timing looks like from there.
1588767866247.png