Plugged head ports, now what are my options?

Empire087

Lurker
Jun 13, 2022
Ok, so while i was in my car cleaning the valves(nasty btw) i decided to replace the valve cover, and plug the head ports. My plan was to just run a vta from the high side of the valve cover to a single catch can, but i was told this might not be ideal since theres no now longer any vacuum on the pcv. My alternative was to not run a vta setup, and instead use the extra vacuum ports from where i deleted my boost solenoids, and run that to the out side of my catch can. Will either of these work? Or do i need to now go with a full external pcv setup?

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
If you plug the headports you will need a low side catch can with a pcv valve (2jz valve e.g.).

So. Low side going to pcv valve going to catch can and from the catch can to a vacuum source. Check @fmorelli thread how he did it. I did it the same way.

Empire087

Lurker
Jun 13, 2022
If you plug the headports you will need a low side catch can with a pcv valve (2jz valve e.g.).

So. Low side going to pcv valve going to catch can and from the catch can to a vacuum source. Check @fmorelli thread how he did it. I did it the same way.
Ok, is the spreadsheet not working? Ive looked over this page several times, and i can not find where it is.

Last edited:

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Ok, is the spreadsheet not working? Ive looked over this page several times, and i can not find where it is.

1st post ... that link work for you? Let me know.

Reactions: Empire087

Empire087

Lurker
Jun 13, 2022

1st post ... that link work for you? Let me know.
gotchya, i was looking at your post directly for that setup https://www.spoolstreet.com/threads/low-side-pcv-installation-e89-z4.4801/

Appreciate it!